by sigsig3131

Original Post

Re: Game crash. Can't login

★★★ Newbie
Same here. Android phone.
Message 11 of 21 (493 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Lol - this issue has nothing to do with what version of Android people are using.  More than likely, there is a problem with the interlink between EA servers and Google play.  This issue has been ongoing for years now and I really wish they could find a permanent solution.  I am not able to play the game via BlueStacks or MeMu at the moment.  It locks up at "Loading Cantina" - sometimes, it doesn't even get that far.

Message 12 of 21 (492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

More than likely it's older Android OS's combined with using old Google Play API versions which were scheduled to shut down on Dec 1 2019. Or the Android version doesn't matter and it's just going to slowly affect more users as the service is being shut down around the world.

https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2019/03/changes-to-google-play-developer-api.html

Message 13 of 21 (479 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same Here,

Android 8.1 Phone, Tablet, Bluestacks. All crash or get stuck on loading screen.

What a dumpster fire.

Message 14 of 21 (474 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@sigsig3131 Yeah, which means, more than likely, a back end issue on EA servers. They weren't ready for the change made by Google and now it's broken things.
Message 15 of 21 (454 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Having the same issues as everyone else. When I went to bed at 12:40 this morning I could access the game, but now I can't. My connection issues of this type started with the recent update that added the LS Geo TB data to the game. After that update, I started having an issue where the game would connect then say there was a problem with the app. Everytime I would click try again it would work fine.

Message 16 of 21 (427 Views)

Message 17 of 21 (409 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@SteroidTank wrote:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-crashes-on-Android-OS-7-1-1-or-lower-after-04-12-2019/m-p...

Others are having issues with Bluestacks and other Android emulators as well. Also, some Android users with Android 8 and higher have been reporting problems it seems. Has to be an EA issue with so many Android OS's and platforms having difficulty.

Message 18 of 21 (392 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've tried on three different emulators running multiple versions of Android, multiple resolutions, etc. Plus two different phones with different Android versions. Nothing works.

Game froze in the middle of Cad's attack animation during a GW fight. Upon launching the game, it sat at the Disney LucasFilm splash screen for a long time before the OS informs me the app has stopped responding. After multiple attempts, uninstall and reinstall, clearing cache and data, nothing works. Sometimes it reaches the "Loading Cantina" screen, usually it dies before then.

Message 19 of 21 (387 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@AlyssaTate71 Well then, I guess we are F**Ked. Goodbye PO Rewards, Free Energy and Raids. Haha. Oh well. CG at their best, as usual =)
Message 20 of 21 (360 Views)