Game closing/crashing in GAC

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Realme X2 Pro
OS Version Android 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 526381427
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug The game simply closed when I was finishing a battle in GAC. No warning, no error. Cost me the battle and this GAC phase. I opened the game, opened GAC, saw the battle didn't register, and the game closed again.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The steps I took were: open GAC, start battle, game crashed, opened game, opened GAC, game crashed.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country

That's it. I was in GAC, game closed mid battle,  it counts as me losing the battle, and I lost my team. Now I will lose the GAC phase too. Simply opening GAC after, made the game close again.
Game crashes are nothing new to this game, there are multiple similar reports. I've lost GACs before to similar bugs, on other devices and was never given any satisfactory answer or any form of compensation.

Message 1 of 5 (343 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game closing/crashing in GAC

★★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide Man, you guys keep marking these types of reports as solved and not solving anything! I have the ALL the possible updates on the app and on my system OS, no apps running in the background, the phone has amazing resources and it's new (it's not even close to full), and I'm literally at 50 cm from the Wifi router. There isn't much more that I can do. There are similar reports on other devices, so the problem is clearly in the game app!! You close these reports and go on thinking everything is fine, when it isn't, and telling people to check the troubleshooting to "avoid this happening in the future" not only doesn't help, but also doesn't do anything to fix the issue.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (299 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Reknownn and sorry to hear that.

We have checked the logs available to us and cannot find a reason for your crash. Unfortunate we cannot do anything about losing the squad that you were using when the crash occurred. Please see out troubleshooting guide in the hopes of avoiding this in the future. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 5 (309 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide Man, you guys keep marking these types of reports as solved and not solving anything! I have the ALL the possible updates on the app and on my system OS, no apps running in the background, the phone has amazing resources and it's new (it's not even close to full), and I'm literally at 50 cm from the Wifi router. There isn't much more that I can do. There are similar reports on other devices, so the problem is clearly in the game app!! You close these reports and go on thinking everything is fine, when it isn't, and telling people to check the troubleshooting to "avoid this happening in the future" not only doesn't help, but also doesn't do anything to fix the issue.
Message 3 of 5 (300 Views)

★ Guide

@Reknownn , agreed, this kind of answers are annoying .
But you have the option to unmark the solution in the message settings:

11.png
So the other issue now, I never saw an answer after EA "auto" marked their own solution.

Message 4 of 5 (270 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@wharp95 Oh I know, and I did so. They marked their own comment again as the Solution a few minutes later again and marked the report as "solved" again. This is a futile battle if I keep marking it as "not the solution" and they keep marking it as "solved"... they will eventually just ban me. So if they want their reports all "solved" I'll just oblige and mark my own message as the solution instead.
Message 5 of 5 (263 Views)