Game Freezing

by yani_tsm

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Freezing

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) XS
OS Version 12.4.1
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) Prefer not to share in public
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I start the game, then the game freezes after 5-10 seconds (even if I don't do anything). It doesn't happen all the time and it usually goes away after I clear the cache and restart my phone. But it is annoying to deal with it.
What do you expect to see? Continue playing the game
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback

I have not observed any patterns:

• It happened on two different wifi networks, with and without data.
  • In the middle of Llama Zoom or while waiting for Llama zoom.
  • After watching the ad: I won 1 simcash and in the middle of awarding that simcash to me the game froze and I didn't get it :-(

It started less than 24 hours ago and I have already needed to restart my phone 4 times in this time period.

Message 1 of 11 (1,376 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Freezing

★★★ Guide

My account was just rolled back to pre-freezing time. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 11 (1,009 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

That's odd, can you try putting a few objects into storage, does that help with lag? 

Message 2 of 11 (1,302 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimGuruMaaike I tried putting 5-6 oak trees into the storage. But the issue persists. A phone restart doesn’t help sometimes. :-(
Like right now i couldn’t get into the game again, so I came here to respond.

I will try to use a different device tomorrow. My second account on an iPad doesn’t have this issue, but I play in that account much less than the main one.
Message 3 of 11 (1,260 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for trying on another device, can you check one more thing on your phone for me. In settings go to general > iPhone storage. How much free space do you have left on your device? 

Message 4 of 11 (1,245 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimGuruMaaike More than 180GB.
Message 5 of 11 (1,231 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruMaaikeWithin 2 minutes of loading my account on the iPad the game froze. After force closing, it froze on the blue screen. I can’t even get into the game. When I loaded my second account back, everything is fine. It is definitely account-specific.

Message 6 of 11 (1,218 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Can you try playing this savegame but disconnect any cloud service that you use, does that help? 

Message 7 of 11 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimGuruMaaike My game is only connected to EA and GameCenter. So I turned off the EA connection, and it looks like it is helping. It froze within a second or two after I disconnected from EA. Then I restarted the game and everything looks fine. I will keep you posted how the day goes. But currently it is a huge improvement. I can start the event. Yay!
Message 8 of 11 (1,190 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@yani_tsm I know its not been a day yet, but how is it going? :D

Message 9 of 11 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SimGuruMaaike Unfortunately in 30 or so minutes the game froze. After 3-4 game restarts I was able to play and even do the challenge. I contacted EA help on Facebook. They suggested to “Reset the settings” on my phone. I did that, and I was able to play for the most of the day. It only started freezing in the evening and after several game restarts I was able to play again.
So there is a definite improvement (because over the weekend I pretty much couldn’t play for hours once I get at least one freeze), but the issue is still there.
Facebook’s EA Help suggested that if ‘Reset Settings’ doesn’t work, they can roll my account to the date before it started.
Message 10 of 11 (1,137 Views)