Game Freezing because of Father Winter (Aftermath Patch 1.69.57)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: My Game Continually Loading after Nov. Update (I've tried repairing)

Hero
@cassafras20 Can you not load any lot or is it a specific one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 51 of 61 (407 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I just double checked and tried to load into a random lot and the same thing happens so yeah... I can't load into any lots.
Message 52 of 61 (405 Views)

Hero
@cassafras20 Does it work on a new save (for testing) ? How big is your save game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 61 (394 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes. All of my saves that I created after the November patch update, play like normal.
The size of my save games vary because I have about ten or so that I created and played with before the patch update. They all do not work. They vary from around 2,000 KB to 170,000 KB (my 100 baby Challenge, this is the one that I really want to be able to play).
Message 54 of 61 (377 Views)

Hero
@cassafras20 Sounds like you might have the Father Winter issue then (the 170 MB one). With that size I suspect you have a lot of Father Winters and since the lot doesn't load, there's currently no way to fix it.

To my knowledge there was no further fix in this patch but there might be in an upcoming one

Do you have any backups of your legacy challange that aren't that big ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 55 of 61 (375 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh! Okay.

I did not make any backups, sadly but I did find this... All the saves that are selected are the 100 Baby Challenge. There is one save version that is smaller. Would that help?Here is a picIMG_1489(1).jpg

Message 56 of 61 (367 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes. It probably would. Usw the recover function in the menu to recover that and try it

Create a copy of your entire folder to in case something goes wrong

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 57 of 61 (358 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Sounds good! I'll try it. Copy the whole save file first. Should I copy anything else just in case?
Also... do I delete the glitched files and save the smaller one then recover it? Or leave all the files and recover?
Message 58 of 61 (342 Views)

Hero
@cassafras20 You can backup the entire user folder if you want but saves is most important).

Recover first, and if the backup works (it will be an earlier state), delete the glitched ones if you're happy with the state it's at.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 59 of 61 (332 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you so much! It worked perfectly! I really appreciate all your help with this!! I am so excited to finally have my game back!
Message 60 of 61 (292 Views)