Game Freezing because of Father Winter (Aftermath Patch 1.69.57)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Game freeze and crash

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Should I remove these newest (and the largest) save files out from the saves folder and the start a new game meanwhile waiting ea fixes.. or? And no I don't have backups.
Message 41 of 61 (618 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also my The sims 4 folder is full of some junk(?) files and copy files after last ''game'' session (crash files, exception files etc..) 

Message 42 of 61 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@aippasto You can leave the save in and just start a new save until EA finds a fix.

I would delete those copy files. You can also delete all those crash logs and the exception

Did you check if it's the Father Winter issue though or sometime else ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 61 (700 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm not sure. I removed 3 newest (broken) and big save files from the save folder for now, and at the moment the game seems to work. Thank you for your help. So should I just move the broken saves back?
Message 44 of 61 (688 Views)

Hero
@aippasto I you can leave them wherever you want. Just make sure you don't delete them by accident.

Merging this with The Father Winter aftermath thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 61 (682 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 game keeps freezing and crashing, It's been like this for over a w

★ Novice

Hi, sorry I didn't get back to you... My WiFi has been playing up since I last contacted you, but is now sorted. I did have a Winterfest and I think that's what was causing the issues I was having. I just decided to start fresh with a new save file. Everything is now working as normal. Thank you so much! Standard smile

Message 46 of 61 (646 Views)

Re: My sims are frozen ):

Hero
@tlove015 Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 61 (474 Views)

Re: Game Freezing because of Father Winter (Aftermath Patch 1.69.57)

★ Guide

So if every winterfest i've had had clement frost as father winter and he showed up, i should be fine? i haven't celebrated a winterfest between the two patches either. just making sure it is safe to celebrate the holiday again? i can save under save as as a new file name (ex. love household 3 renamed to love household 4) to create a backup just in case this bug still causes issues? i just dont want to risk anything happening to my save.

Message 48 of 61 (508 Views)

Re: Game Freezing because of Father Winter (Aftermath Patch 1.69.57)

Hero
@akasunanokitten Backup your saves (save as or copy your saves folder to a different location on your hard drive/a memory stick/where ever) before you try Winterfest but I haven't seen any new reports of it happening since the issue was fixed.

So in short: It's should be safe now to have a winterfest but backup your game to be sure nothing happens

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 61 (496 Views)

My Game Continually Loading after Nov. Update (I've tried repairing)

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Nifty Living, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Toddler, Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start up any save file that was last played in November or prior. After you reach the world, click on the played house and the bug will occur.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can load into the world just fine but as soon as I try to load into the household, it just sits on the loading page for forever. I have literally clocked it trying to load for up to 10 minutes. Sometimes it will actually load into the household after like 10 to 12 minutes but even then the game is very slow, laggy, and impossible to play.
What do you expect to see? My game loads up and I am able to play without lag and glitching, like normal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This only started after the November patch update. I can no longer play any of those saves that were created before the patch. I can create a brand new save file and play that without any complications however.

I have read forums and different EA recommendations on the issue. I have tried everything I could find and it still will not work even after this newest 1/21/21 patch update that was supposed to fix the issue. I have repaired my game at least 15 times within the past couple of months and nothing helps.

Please help me out. Thanks so very much!

Message 50 of 61 (565 Views)