Game Freezing because of Father Winter (Aftermath Patch 1.69.57)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims4 crash

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrict thank you so much! i drop msg if i need help

sorry to bother you again! So, can I just delete the save that is crash and use the older, but will the crash happen again? 😓

Message 11 of 61 (2,617 Views)

Hero
@TwinHena If the other save is from before winterfest you should be save. The bug causing it was fixed.

Do keep a backup just in case though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 61 (2,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Noted! Thank you so much! I appreciated 🙏🏻 Stay safe
Message 13 of 61 (2,476 Views)

Re: Game Freezes Repeatedly on Any Screen with Loading Cursor; Have to Force Qui

★ Novice

I have the same problem and I have tried everything from repairing the game to resetting origin and deleting all caches. I also removed all my custom content while doing this.

Message 14 of 61 (577 Views)

My sims are frozen ):

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? almost all
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? who knows
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are frozen. My game load at 10pm and i put them to bed. once the clock hits 1am the time stops progressing but i see objects still moving on screen. The game isnt paused but they are frozen. i cant click things, do actions, but the dog is moving. The time doesn't progress, their levels don't change. Its odd. Ive dobe updates and countless repairs.
What do you expect to see? the same to work ):
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims are frozen. My game loads at 10pm and i put them to bed. once the clock hits 1am the time stops progressing but i see objects still moving on screen. The game isnt paused but they are frozen. i cant click things, do actions, but the dog is moving. The time doesn't progress, their levels don't change. Its odd. Ive dobe updates and countless repairs.

Message 15 of 61 (540 Views)

Re: Game Freezes Repeatedly on Any Screen with Loading Cursor; Have to Force Qui

★★★★ Novice

I hope it's okay to reply here with my experience. I have removed my Mods & CC and repaired game. Santa shows up at times, but only just before 2 a.m. Within 10 minutes the game freezes, Sims hover in the midst of action (or inaction) and sway, ripples and trees move, game will not pause. I have to them force exit, as OP said.

Message 16 of 61 (557 Views)

Hero
@sincerelea @xdeadlgby

Please read this to see if you have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-Freezing-because-of-Father-Winter-Aftermath-Patch-1-69-57...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 61 (540 Views)

Re: My sims are frozen ):

Hero
@tlove015 Did you have a winterfest before the last patch ?

Could this be your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-Freezing-because-of-Father-Winter-Aftermath-Patch-1-69-57... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 61 (502 Views)

Game Won't Let Me Play - Keeps Freezing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs but Snowy Escape. All game packs. Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, Moschino, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Toddler, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Cool Kitchen, Luxury Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims stop moving. Time stops. Everything stops and I can't do anything. Even when I try to quit the game it just stays stuck on the saving screen. I have to force quit the app.
What do you expect to see? I expect to actually be able to play the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've been having this issue ever since the update that fixed the random crashes. My loading screen will take 10-20 minutes to load, and when it finally loads everything will seem normal. I'll play the game for 10-30 seconds and everything just stops. My sims are frozen but the sparkles around them are still twinkling, but nothing happens. I press "Pause" and the red box doesn't appear around the screen and the sparkles around my sims keep moving like the game isn't paused. I press play and nothing happens, it still says "Paused." I've repaired the game in Origin dozens of times. I even reinstalled the Sims 4 by removing it from Electronic Arts and then moving it back. I've deleted all of my mods and still nothing. The Create-A-Sim menu works fine, but I literally can't play at all. I'm really frustrated, has anyone else experienced this?

Message 19 of 61 (567 Views)

Re: Game Won't Let Me Play - Keeps Freezing

Hero
@AlexMorr19 Sounds potentially like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-Freezing-because-of-Father-Winter-Aftermath-Patch-1-69-57...

Did you have a Winterfest ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 61 (538 Views)