Game Freezes When Using Party Chat.

by CrimesForCandy

Original Post

Game Freezes When Using Party Chat.

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) It's actually a Chromebook R11, but no option for this in Platform dropdown menu.
OS Version 76.0
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1004149775400
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I never know how to answer this question. Chat at parties from different devices?
What do you expect to see? To be able to chat at parties without my game freezing/crashing.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States
Additional feedback

Ever since the last client update, I can barely chat at my own parties. As soon as I type a message in chat and hit "send," the game freezes and I'm forced to close it. Often after this happens, I can't just reopen the game, I'm forced to also restart my device for the game to load. This mostly happens in my own party chat; however, I have had it happen when chatting at other players' parties, too. It doesn't happen with every single chat entry, but about 85% of them, so basically I just opt to chat as little as possible because every other thing I say causes my game to freeze and it takes me a few minutes to then close, restart my device, and reopen/load.

The only place in the game we actually get to socialize is at parties, so the chat is a big aspect of the fun. Not being able to chat is a big new fault in the game!

I want to stress that this issue began after the last recent client update, the one that fixed the Black Screen Bug--this issue never happened before that update. It's taken me a while to report it because I had hoped it would just kinda go away, but it's still happening in every single party I host and almost every party I attend. For some reason, I'm not able to open a Case about this with Support, so I figured I'd report the bug through here.

If you also have this issue, please click "me too" or comment! I'd like to know if this is happening to others, too. Thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (404 Views)

Re: Game Freezes When Using Party Chat.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @CrimesForCandy,

I'm afraid we don't support Chromebook so we're unable to assist with this. The game is not designed to work on that device which is why it is not an option you can select in the Google Play Platform drop down menu. See this thread for more on compatibility. 

One thing you could try is to see if you can play from another device and if the issue with chat persists there. Aside from that, as I mentioned above there's nothing we can do here as we don't support that device. 

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 3 (375 Views)

Re: Game Freezes When Using Party Chat.

★★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Lanna Weird, because I've been playing the game perfectly fine since November of 2018. As stated, the chat never had any issues until the latest update, so something definitely got screwy.

Thanks for your reply anyway.
Message 3 of 3 (347 Views)