Game Freezes When Loading the First Game

by Chaseinator5

Original Post

Game Freezes When Loading the First Game

★ Guide

Product: NHL 22
Platform:Xbox Series X
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a number of games in any mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you go to play a game, after just loading into NHL 22 or logging back in after your controller died/timed out, the game will show the ice surface and nothing more, and the game will not load.
What do you expect to see? This not to happen, the game to actually load.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here ANY GAME MODE (ONLINE OR OFFLINE)
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 06:25 PM
What is your time zone? PNT (MST) - GMT - 7:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? CaptainHook3469
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Go to start the first game and this happens (see pictures - multiple game modes)

Message 1 of 7 (946 Views)

Re: Game Freezes When Loading the First Game

★★★ Newbie

I’ve noticed this as well, but less so with the first game and more with coming back from a controller disconnect or quick resume. I’ve had to manually quit the game more times than I care to count. 

Message 2 of 7 (877 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I noticed the same problem after controller disconnect. I had the problem approximately 4-5 times. I think the problem happened when I turned on my controller and went to start a squad battle right away. I think that if I turn on my controller, go check my team or go in the sets menu or another menu, and than start a squad batlle game, the problem never happened. The worst thing is that it gives me a lost when it occurs.

thanks

Message 3 of 7 (852 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have same problem, really annoying happens daily to me. For me when i turn on console almost everytime first match is frozen and need to restart which gives me 0-3 loss and zero points. Might that i go straight in squad battle as someone said. Just lost my tot double xp match for this.Now i need to play two games to next level, also had spend loads of coins to replay lost matches.

EA please fix Raised eyebrow

Message 4 of 7 (761 Views)

Community Manager

@MangoXOO 

As others mentioned, are you entering the game with quick resume? 

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 7 (738 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry

I not sure, dont really know how quick resume even works. I just power on console and then launch nhl, usually it says that game needs to be closed and then i need to relaunch so i need to reselect languange. I have seen quick resume icon on top right corner when game loads, but never pushed any button so i tought i havent been using it maybe. :S
Message 6 of 7 (723 Views)

Community Manager

@MangoXOO 

Next time you load up the Xbox can you highlight the game over quick resume and press start to close it down? Let me know if that has any positive impact. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 7 (687 Views)