Game Freeze while in loading screen

by Zereniona

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game crashes after new TU

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
OS Version Android 12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 234-273-213
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug After I updated manually the game from the play store (Android app store) my game has been crashing pretty consistently. I can say with a lot of confidence that before the update my game didn't crash more than 3 times the previous months, now with the new title update my game has crashed at least 5 times in less than 24 hrs. I cleared the cache, did a clean install and doesn't seem to work properly. The first two crashes were back to back in the ongoing Territory War, when I went into the battle the game was loading and then froze, you can see this in my video https://youtu.be/CnRm4nGb5L4 The third crash was when I was getting into a Conquest battle, while the game was loading the battle I got a notification from my messages app, after I dismissed the bubble that appeared on my screen from the notification, the game froze in the loading screen. The next two times the game froze when it was loading the characters and mods inventory respectively. I didn't get any notifications those times, it just froze. One notably aspect from the second crash in TW was that after like 3 of waiting for the game unfreeze, the screen went all black and the game was still unresponsive, but my guildmates told me their game showed me I was in a battle, so the battle went through but I didn't see anything, I just hope this isn't the "Missing Buttons 2.0" bug. Final note, when this crashes happened I didn't change the network, didn't use airplane mode, I didn't do anything different from what I've been doing the last several months.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Mexico

https://youtu.be/CnRm4nGb5L4

Message 1 of 496 (4,375 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game crashes after new TU

Message 495 of 496 (906 Views)

All Replies

Game Freeze while in loading screen

★★★★ Novice

What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Game Freeze while in loading screen
OS Version Android Version 12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 193-799-527
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Everything is fine until yesterday update (mod QOL update). After this update I suffer from game freeze a lot of time. It's happened in every game mode. First, it's happened to my fleet arena. Just after I enter the battle while I'm waiting at loading screen the loading icon that always spin at the center of the screen just freeze. the audio still ongoing. I'm waiting for a few minutes, but it's still freeze then I shut it down. after relaunch into the game, I'm going to fleet arena screen and saw the clock is already count so I lose one battle attempt. It's happened to Conquest too. Freezing at loading screen for a few times. It's happened in Galactic challenge too at the same point at loading screen. But the severe part is when it happened to my Territory War attack. Freezing at loading screen cause me one good team and it's count on enemy team at 1 successful Def. So tomorrow I have a GAC match. This thing will cause me lost for sure. Pls do something.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the loading screen will freeze at you like 1 out of 10 time
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country Thailand

Game freeze at this loading screen

230589.jpg
Message 2 of 496 (5,486 Views)

Re: Game Freeze while in loading screen

★★★★ Novice

Same here, crashed at least 5 times since update. Worse in GAC, where I tried to battle, it crashed and now I've lost the squad and nothing to except a lost battle to show for it.

Message 3 of 496 (5,438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me in GAC. Was about to go with my Sith Empire against a Maul+Mandalorians team and never got the chance to play because the screen froze while loading the battle. Made me change my planned strategy and lost the GAC. As a F2P the GAC is a very important crystal income for me and it's frustrating to lose because of a bug that used to be on the Sith Eternal Event until a few short months ago

Message 4 of 496 (5,415 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've had it lock up 4 times today in Conquest, which cost me 20 energy each and 1 time in Territory Wars. Not sure why the new update is causing more of this lockup, but I also experienced one while in battle when trying to retreat where the loading screen was animating over the battlefield animations.

Screenshot_20220914-203501_Heroes.jpg
Message 5 of 496 (5,391 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just had GAC lockup loading the main screen

Message 6 of 496 (5,385 Views)

Grand arena freeze

★★★ Newbie

What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Freeze in Grand Arena
OS Version 12
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 982546564
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The last 2 times I try to fight in Grand Arena it stalls at loading. I can hear music, I can't back out or anything and I have to reload the game and I end up loosing the battles without getting a chance yo try it
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fight in ga
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

It stalls on the r2d2 lock thing

Message 7 of 496 (3,992 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Alright, the game is virtually unplayable, it has crashed 3 more times today alone, all of them after the new TU became forced.

Message 8 of 496 (4,325 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same here, game froze on a loading screen after the force of the Title Update, thankfully it was only on a Conquest battle costing me 20 energy and not on a GAC battle.

Message 9 of 496 (5,349 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Can you please try the Basic Troubleshooting Guide.

Message 10 of 496 (4,292 Views)