Game Design Flaw

by Evo8whoa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Design Flaw

★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 plus
OS Version 12.1.2
What is your Player ID?
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug You lose exp from losing which is terrible. Reason: I am stuck and can’t progress, it matches me up with higher lvl players than me then I lose and lose XP. So then I can’t get the crates to lvl my units. Total crap! Please change this so we don’t lose XP when you lose a battle. Ridiculous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States of America

Gameplay Bug That Needs Fixed

Message 1 of 6 (586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Design Flaw

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Evo8whoa,

You don't lose XP when you lose a battle. The only thing you lose is medals, but only down to your next safe point (meaning you can't drop out of a league). Additionally, you get bonus XP for the first 10 battles of the day, XP for leveling and upgrading units. That way we ensured that all players are able to level up.

Apart from that, you get 1 fuel if you lose a battle or 2 fuel if you win, which you can then be used to order crates, which will grant you credits and additional cards. You also get 1 free crate every 12 hours.

I hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (557 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Evo8whoa,

You don't lose XP when you lose a battle. The only thing you lose is medals, but only down to your next safe point (meaning you can't drop out of a league). Additionally, you get bonus XP for the first 10 battles of the day, XP for leveling and upgrading units. That way we ensured that all players are able to level up.

Apart from that, you get 1 fuel if you lose a battle or 2 fuel if you win, which you can then be used to order crates, which will grant you credits and additional cards. You also get 1 free crate every 12 hours.

I hope this helps.

Message 2 of 6 (558 Views)

★ Novice

It is just frustrating, my win rate was in the 60+%, and now I have got to a place where I’m playing guys with higher unit lvls than me and my win rate has been quickly decreasing(lower 50’s%) now.. not because they are better strategically but only because they have more powerful units...  so your saying that I’m going to have to continue to lose 10x till my units are higher lvl to get to the next safe point? 

Message 3 of 6 (549 Views)

EA Live QV Team

I know that it can be frustrating at times when you constantly meet players with higher level units than yours. When you are playing well at the lower leagues you get promoted so fast, that you can't really keep up with your unit levels. It is useful to check C&C TV to see if you can adjust strategies and unit compositions to be more successful against those higher level units.

Message 4 of 6 (543 Views)

★ Novice

It’s still like wrestling or fighting opponents in a heavier weight class, gonna get your but stomped.  Thanks I will watch your C&C TV to better my strategies to overcome this disadvantage. 

Message 5 of 6 (529 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think there's a number of people who find themselves half decent in the game and basically play themselves into a wall.  Might even be the game was designed to do that - make you feel suddenly like you only have once way to advance...

Best advice is to try rushing your crates once the rush costs get down to between 6-10.  (i.e. wait only 2 hours instead of 3) - You can (more or less) increase the number of crates you get a day by 33%.  I got this advice and it's really been making a difference in progression, more credits, more cards.  And especially when you unlock Solomon and Jade - it's pretty easy to pick up those shards with this method since they're only rare.

Message 6 of 6 (505 Views)