Game Crashing during ships

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung S8 plus
OS Version G955WVLUSCSF4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 586777355
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Game freezing in ship battles
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

Usually happens when a ship is taken out from full health and protection in one turn.
So when Ackbar's ship uses it's specials and calls 2 allies, if a ship is taken out right away, usually my Biggs ship, the game freezes.

Message 1 of 12 (518 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crashing during ships

EA Live QV Team

Hi all and thank you for the reports.

We are well aware of this particular issue in fleet battles and have flagged it as a bug.

View in thread

Message 12 of 12 (510 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Fleet arena also crashed for me just now, AGAIN-AGAIN-AGAIN - how fun this game has become 🤗🤗

This particular crash, not that anyone cares - especially CG - or it’s going to be investigated, happened at 6:27p EDT about 3-4 minutes ago... I called a ship in and boom!!

My best guess... the game has WAY too much crap going on right now, which sadly, on older model phones, means... more frequent crashes. With running events like GAC and TW and TB already loaded up... that probably exceeds the capability of my 3-4 yo iPhone 6 Plus... haha. Imagine, a 3-4 yo phone... obsolete!!

This potentially means, if I spend $2.000 on an iPhone Xs Max in 2019... by 2022, that phone will potentially also be obsolete, if the game keeps growing and the developers don’t care about making the game being accessable to a broad variety of phones. Maybe they made a deal with Apple and Samsung? haha (j/k - or not)

Message 2 of 12 (508 Views)

★ Novice

I'm not sure that phone makes much of a difference. People are experiencing this bug on different kind of phone. 

The thing is their attention is all drawn to GA right now. Loosing 1 battle in ships because of that screws up the climb and nets us worse rewards. 

They have to fix this..

Message 3 of 12 (504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

But if this just the natural progression of the game... how do you propose they fix it?

They already stated that older model iPhones are no longer good to use... they specifcally named the iPhone 4s, but this stretches a lot further than they care to admit.

I have been experiencing problems with crashes for about 3 months now - ever since the latest QoL update rolled out... that update officially ruined my game... I must have reported crash issues about 73 times in here and I have only gotten 1 reply!!! And that reply was the standard BS “delete and re-install app” which doesn’t work

Message 4 of 12 (502 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

So, if this is not a bug... but a problem with RAM in older phones... there’s nothing to fix

You probably wouldn’t be able to run a 2019 game like CoD or any other game on a computer from 2000 or older... that’s just how things go... game requirements keep expanding and eventually some phones stop being able to run the game

Message 5 of 12 (501 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It's always happening for me in the same situation so I don't think it has to do with my phone. I have an S8 plus. It's a 2 years old phone but itsi specs are better than lots of computers out there. 

Message 6 of 12 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

It does seem odd to have crashes on a version 8 phone... I’ll give you that... however, regarding experiencing crashes in the same situations... I have not been able to complete a single hAAT in 3 months... why? Because ever since that QoL update, my hAAT raid ALWAYS crashes in phase 4... NO exceptions! Naturally, you would think that the game was at fault, right? But, the developers have not given this 2 cents worth of attention and ALL reports are being ignored... try combing this forum and you’ll see hundreds of reports on crashing and NO responses

The issue has never been added to their “known issues” list either...

My crash earlier was in ordinary Fleet arena... I have experienced crashes during Events (Darth Revan), going through Mods, during TBs, TWs, GACs, Squad arena... just about any aspect of the game where you can’t sim

Message 7 of 12 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This was posted by someone in another thread about crash issues. Carrie specifically mentions the iPhone 4s, but seeing that this issue affects a lot more phones and newer models too, I guess no-one at CG really knows how wide spread this issue is... and maybe they don’t have the required coding abilities to handle this problem... or simply don’t care as there is no money earned from spending time fixing this... cost/benefit... the costs of fixing it doesn’t outweigh the benefits...  which could be the reason for them to not adressing this issue

FA980D14-3252-4A87-8C46-3F7865C93A35.png

Message 8 of 12 (472 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem and can't be a ram.issue my phone has 8gb. Just buggy coding. I have reported also many times over the past months nothing done about it.

Message 9 of 12 (420 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me. The game sits there once ackbar and ships kill my ship. No buttons appear for me to press for my ship abilities.  The menu button is grayed out and clicking auto attack does nothing. The screen is not locked, the ships hover and move but no further action can be made 

Message 10 of 12 (407 Views)