Game Crashes iPhone 6 - I have Crash Logs, Know Cause, and Workaround

by DeeeszNuttzz

Original Post

Re: Game Crashes iPhone 6 - I have Crash Logs, Know Cause, and Workaround

★★★★★ Newbie

I just posted in another thread but I’ll repeat it.I literally just had a crash on my iPhone 6 in TW mid attack, was using a g12 Bossk team (w/Jango, Boba, Dengar, IG) vs a mix g12/11 Bastila team, had Annihilated/Executed both their Yoda and Ezra when the game crashed... logged back in, lost my attack plus “used my team” and on top of that his Yoda and Ezra are alive and full proc and hp!!... I didn’t have anything running in the background and I was full bars 4G network... 

7FDEFC3C-2561-46CF-99B8-90681C5D9982.png
Message 11 of 21 (1,095 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
It seemed to have gotten even worse this war. I finially had to just airplane mode it. The battles were very poor quality but at least went through.
Message 12 of 21 (1,090 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ive attached a graph of CPU usage. From the beginning of the black square to the end, I opened the app, went to TW, did a battle to the end, then closed out the app completely. You can see the enormous amount of CPU usage.

057F6900-5F00-42E9-AB1E-1BE8B61892C2.jpeg
Message 13 of 21 (1,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It crashes every 3 minutes. Unplayable. I'm thinking of quitting too. For 2 years it wasn't too bad but now it's absurd. Must be an apple thing. I use ipad

Message 14 of 21 (1,075 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I got this from EA …

I realize that your game got crashed during the territory wars in SWGOH. This should have not happened. Please allow me to inform you about this.

I would like to inform you that we are receiving the similar contacts and many of the customers are facing the same issue. Its a known issue. Good thing is that, this has been brought into the notice of the Studio Team and they are diligently working to fix it as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I would request you to wait for some time till this gets though I know nobody likes to wait but rest assured the team is actively working on it and the issue is been addressed on priority. Studio are aware of that issue and are working on it, but there is no time frame for a fix yet.

We at EA customer service make every attempt to resolve each issue, but sometimes a resolution is simply not possible due to problems beyond our control. For your inconvenience, please accept my personal apology that this problem has affected you.
Message 15 of 21 (1,043 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having the same issue ever since the last update. The past 3 TW have also given me trouble; as well as other game modes.  As for this past TW, I decided to go all defense. But it still seems they’re having issues. Thanks for the update and I will let my guild know. 

Message 16 of 21 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@wildmannz 

Yeah, that seems to be their “go-to” reply whenever they wanna silence something to death... we were told to post in here when this happens... and so far, no one has bothered replying back... this is just one of those issues that is not cost beneficial for them to look into... it would cost too much compared to what they can make from fixing it... it’s simply cheaper to ignore it and move on and give us their standard BS replies loke the one you got. Eventually we will stop posting about it and just accept it for what it is... and that’s what EA is going for here... a bunch of people having issues with their game? Pffft!! Couldn’t be bothered... sad, but true. I for one has stopped posting when this happens and just accepted that I can no longer complete the hAAT... and have several battles fail in both TW and GA... life sucks

Message 17 of 21 (980 Views)

To be fair, one of the EA employees did respond here that it's being investigated. However, the Support here does not actually fix the bugs - they identify issues and escalate those to the developer team.

So we won't know the status of these problems until either someone posts an announcement on the forums, or they are fixed in a patch.

★★★★ Novice

So is there some kind of help we I Phone users are going to get? Or is that part of the fan base too small too worry about, because I am almost ready to quit over this and I have been playing since SWGOH was introduced.

Message 19 of 21 (955 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Putts66
Thats a good question. However, think of it this way, iphone 6 is EOL and probably will hardly be used by anyone 1-2 years from now. So, they would need to consider development time, what other projects would need to be postponed, the cost to fix it, etc. and decide if its worth it. I have kind of accepted it wont be fixed and am looking at alternatives. You may consider using an android emulator on your PC for TW. Thats what I plan on doing. Or I will get a kindle for 20-40 bucks, install google play, and get the app on there for TW. Either way, Im gunna start moving on.
Message 20 of 21 (947 Views)