Game Crashes iPhone 6 - I have Crash Logs, Know Cause, and Workaround

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Iphone 6
OS Version 12.1.4
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 384-961-322
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Game Crashes
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run multiple apps in the background, run a wifi connection with multiple running devices connected (to slow down network speed), or mobile network with 1 bar of connection, and run a battle.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I have attached one of the crash logs. I can get more. Basically it looks like too much is happening on the main thread. The iOS Watchdog terminates apps that do too much for a certain period of time on the main thread, as a safety feature.

To fix this, run network data transfers asynchronously on separate threads.

WORKAROUND: close all background apps, make sure you have full mobile connection for at least 30 seconds before entering battle, once in battle, turn on airplane mode to avoid any network connections mid battle. Once finished, take out of airplane mode.

Message 1 of 21 (1,570 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crashes iPhone 6 - I have Crash Logs, Know Cause, and Workaround

EA Live QV Team

Thank you for the report. We are aware of this specific issue and are already investigating this.

View in thread

Message 3 of 21 (1,500 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Reddit is full of these complaints and the theme is it happened following the last QoL update. It’s beyond a joke now and has cost me a GA as I’m crashing all the time - I never used to crash ever. Please take this seriously CG

Message 2 of 21 (1,506 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you for the report. We are aware of this specific issue and are already investigating this.

Message 3 of 21 (1,501 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Thank you. Let me know if you need anything.
Message 4 of 21 (1,495 Views)

★★ Novice

This tw same thing happen Frown

Message 5 of 21 (1,427 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can we get a update on this issue?  It is still happening to me. In fact, it just happened in tw as I selected to go into battle. It registerEd a attempt , I didn’t even get to see the battle start. 

I might have to quit this game  if this goes unresolved.

Message 6 of 21 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Ya Ive had it happen 3 times now this TW.
Message 7 of 21 (1,399 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Another TW another hard crash. I have just swapped nine (yes 9) emails with EA support who still are trying. To tell me to uninstall the game , reboot the iPhone etc etc.  It is bad enough to have this issue but to have the support staff so utterly clueless as to how to help or even acknowledge the problem exists is ridiculous. 

Message 8 of 21 (1,378 Views)

★ Novice

This is my third TW where this happened for me. It’s cost me banners as I’ve used my best squads on teams that the fight doesn’t even count. Furthermore, it seems like I do nothing on offense on TW and now my guild is considering kicking me for lack of participation and banners in TW. I love this game but this crash bug makes me not want to play and I need a better solution than a 10 step walkthrough that I have to do just to play the game correctly because that’s not good enough to play a mobile game. Fix this!

Message 9 of 21 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Ya, this is ridiculous. Software engineering is what I do, so when I see the whole support saying “reinstall”, the only word I see is “stall”, and I facepalm. Its absurd. Its almost like theyre just graphic artists and not programmers... oh wait
Message 10 of 21 (1,355 Views)