Game Crashes HUT (Easily Replicable)

by CYoungy24

Original Post

Highlighted

Game Crashes HUT (Easily Replicable)

★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In HUT (maybe online versus and other 5 v 5 game modes I have not tried to replicate in them), occasionally when someone slashes the goalie after a cover up one of the players games will crash. I have had this happen both ways where i was the one slashing in mine or his game crashed and also when he slashes my goalie as well.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will freeze, XBOX will make a load noise and then it kicks me to the home screen and the game crashes.
What do you expect to see? Instead of the option to fight popping up or a penalty being assessed, the game will crash instead.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Online
Insert Game Mode or Feature here HUT, maybe other 5 v 5 game modes I haven't played.
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? oYOUNGY0
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Pretty easily replicated, as stated does not happen every time but fairly often. Not sure about online modes. I have reinstalled my game and tried everything possible on my end and I finally figured out it is the slashing of the goalie.  Also not sure if it works when repeatedly poke-checking the goalie, but I assume it will happen whenever it wants to initiate a fight or assess a penalty and does not know how to handle the situation, 

Message 1 of 4 (221 Views)

Re: Game Crashes HUT (Easily Replicable)

Community Manager

Hi there, @CYoungy24 

I'm trying to reproduce this. How are you slashing the goalie? I thought it was LB/L1 and Y/Triangle. It's just something I never try doing so I'm unfamiliar with the controls for it. I've been trying to do this in practice mode, but can't seem to find the controls for it.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 4 (199 Views)

★★★ Novice

it is LB/L1 and Y/Triangle you are correct there. I like to muck it up and entice them into a fight in between whistles, so I can hold them down, feed them some uppys and break their will. I just tried via practice mode and during an offline HUT game, so it might only be with online games.  It'll happen this weekend sometime for sure as I am programmed to slash as I have been doing it for so long...don't hold it against me lol. I can record it happening if you think that will help and I can also check to see if I already have recordings. 

Message 3 of 4 (192 Views)

Community Manager

@CYoungy24 

Thanks for the details. I'll pass them on.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)