Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game Crashes During GEO TB

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Ipad Air
OS Version 12.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Network/Connection
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug I have been experiencing crashes often when trying to start a battle for Geonosis Territory Battles. I pick my team and press "battle" and then the app crashes, counting the battle as waged and my team is deployed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

I have been experiencing this bug since the launch of the Geo TB. It most often happens when hitting the 'battle' button after selecting my team. I never get to play, when I get back in, the battle is completed and the units deployed. Less often, the game crashes between rounds, either crashing outright or going black, unable to do anything. 

Message 1 of 34 (1,703 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game Crashes During GEO TB

EA Live QV Team

Hi all,

We are aware of an increased crash rate on iPhone 6, 6S and 6S Plus and older devices and are already investigating this.

@THIAGOSANTANNA13 please post in English only on this board, thank you.

View in thread

Message 14 of 34 (2,440 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @ShadowGhoul79 and sorry to hear that.

Are you playing on the original iPad Air from 2013 (this one)? Do you only crash more often in the Geo Territory Battle or does it happen elsewhere too?

Message 2 of 34 (1,661 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game crashes after a few waves every time I attack in the new TB. I feel cheated out of points, it’s happened all 3 phases

Message 3 of 34 (1,656 Views)

★★ Novice

I never got to play as well. For all my missions, I selected my squad went into battle and game crashed.

Message 4 of 34 (1,644 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, it is happening 100% on my iPad mini2 as well.

Message 5 of 34 (1,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had similar crashes.  Twice when going from wave 3 to 4 in a battle and once when trying to start a battle.  Never had these crashes in the Hoth TBs or when doing any other battles in the games.  Just started happening with the GEO TB.

Message 6 of 34 (1,632 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m seeing a similar problem playing on my iPhone 6S. All but one of my Geo TB engagements ended with a crash, or once a hang-up requiring a shutdown of SWGOH. The one that played through correctly was in the first phase.

Message 7 of 34 (1,622 Views)

★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me too - 5 or 6 times costing my guild a lot of points.  It's at least once per phase, sometimes twice.  Sometimes it crashes right when I launch the battle and sometimes when it's changing waves. I'm on an iPad mini 2 but same OS - 12.3.1. This has been extremely frustrating. 

Message 8 of 34 (1,605 Views)

★★★ Novice

And it just happened again. It's all the time now. This also happens 2-4 times in each TW and occasionally in GA. This is EXTREMELY frustrating!

Message 9 of 34 (1,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@TheRealMattMan 

Unfortunately this is not a game performance issue... this is a device issue - which explains why CG is ignoring all reports about crashes. The game is running 100% and is WAI... your phone isn’t.

The game has gotten too too big to support older model devices and the only option we have here is to invest in a newer device.

CG will NEVER respond to any of these reports and they will NEVER acknowledge this as a “Known Issue” simply because, the only issue here is the obsolete devices. There simply is NO issue with the game

What WOULD be nice, would be to get an announcement from CG telling us exactly what devices the game no longer supports... would be nice to know of an investment of a new phone will cost $2,000 for an iPhone Xs Max... or we can invest in a cheaper model such as the iPhone 8... but, we probably won’t get that either

Message 10 of 34 (1,584 Views)