by BennyDixon90

Original Post

Game Constantly Restarts / Disconnects

★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BEN J DIXON
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Mirage Voyage (healing behind a rock), Cave near Market (rotating from ring closure). This happens in various map locations, not just the examples given.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Selecting a character in the menus, healing behind a rock, rotating from the ring closing etc.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? First match today (disconnected from lobby when selecting character). Second match (healing behind a rock at Mirage Voyage, got disconnected).
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 28.06.20 12:45PM GMT
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? In character selection. I choose a character and the game forces restart. This has only started happening since the Lost Treasures update. It is happening in both the loading lobby and mid game which is causing huge frustrations. It causes me to disconnect mid game and then when I reconnect the game is either lost or I have been killed due to standing still. I have ruled out connection problems completely as I remain connected (my connection is stable with a low ping.
What should be happening instead? I should connect through the lobby to a game and play seamlessly without disconnecting. I will no longer be playing until this is fixed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Revert whatever amendments you’ve made when implementing the Lost Treasures changes as this has ruined the games functionality and causes me to disconnect from approximately 5-10 games a day. I play a lot of ranked so I have lost in excess of 200 points due to the game being so poor and buggy. I get disconnected in both the menus when choosing a character and also mid game when team mates are depending on me, it’s beyond frustrating. I can no longer play on such an inconsistent game therefore I won’t be doing so until the above is fixed.

Please undo whatever amendments you’ve made when implementing the Lost Treasures changes as this has ruined the games functionality and causes me to disconnect from approximately 5-10 games a day.

I have done extensive troubleshooting and I can confirm this is not a connection error. My connection is stable with a low ping (26ms) with no packet loss.

I play a lot of ranked so I have lost in excess of 200 points due to the game being so poor and buggy. I get disconnected in both the menus when choosing a character and also mid game when team mates are depending on me, it’s beyond frustrating. When I eventually reconnect to the lobby, I have been killed or downed so I’m at an immediate disadvantage. It is unfair to penalise players with minus points when the game has caused this. 

I can no longer play on such an inconsistent game therefore I won’t be doing so until the above is fixed.

Message 1 of 3 (239 Views)

Re: Game Constantly Restarts / Disconnects

★★★ Pro
@BennyDixon90 I have the exact same issue on PC. I tried different servers and different connections and it is not working.
Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

Re: Game Constantly Restarts / Disconnects

★★ Novice

Thanks for letting me know!

Have you noticed it’s only since the recent update? I never used to get disconnected whatsoever prior to Lost Treasures. Now, it’s every other game. I played two today and was disconnected from both.

I’m in the middle of a reinstall, if this doesn’t fix it, I won’t play again until it’s sorted. The game is completely unplayable now I think, it’s not worth the risk...

Message 3 of 3 (212 Views)