Game Breaking Bug when returning to Dathomir

by jaymart88

Original Post

Game Breaking Bug when returning to Dathomir

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug When re-visiting Dathomir after completing the new light saber, my game crashed halfway through my trip to the temple. When I reloaded and went to the temple, i had to meditate at the location previously (where you were taken back to train as young Cal). When this happened it brought me somehow back to the old section of the game where you need to train as young Cal and jump on the boxes to reach the top only the boxes are not there. The door closes behind you and there is no way out of the room. The save file now starts from when I enter the flashback and I am unable to proceed at all. When looking at a walkthrough of the game, there was supposed to be a boss fight there which I never had and you are not supposed to go back as young Cal at all. Now my save is broken after the bug and there is no way for me to advance at 75% completed.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know. I would be more than happy to send a clip showing how the flashback bugged out plus how I have the powers/new light saber you get after completing that portion the first time.
What happens when the bug occurs? I am unable to play the game.
What do you expect to see? The actual ending of the game.

When re-visiting Dathomir after completing the new light saber, my game crashed halfway through my trip to the temple. When I reloaded and went to the temple, i had to meditate at the location previously (where you were taken back to train as young Cal). When this happened it brought me somehow back to the old section of the game where you need to train as young Cal and jump on the boxes to reach the top only the boxes are not there. The door closes behind you and there is no way out of the room. The save file now starts from when I enter the flashback and I am unable to proceed at all. When looking at a walkthrough of the game, there was supposed to be a boss fight there which I never had and you are not supposed to go back as young Cal at all. Now my save is broken after the bug and there is no way for me to advance at 75% completed.

Message 1 of 18 (4,641 Views)

Re: Game Breaking Bug when returning to Dathomir

★★★ Novice

Exact same thing happened to me. After the padawan training flashback and getting the kyber crystal on Ilum and completing the new split light saber, I returned to Dathomir. While exploring, my game crashed and I had to exit to the XBOX home menu and restart the game. Upon loading the save file, I was still on Dathomir. I continued exploring, but strangely was able to fight Gorgara again (I wasn't expecting this boss, which I had already dispatched, to respawn), and I encountered that shady dude again where you need to do the double jump to get to the temple. I went to the temple, where I had to meditate by the door (again) and then was taken back to the long padawan training session (for the second time). As a youngling, I am able to get back to the large training room, but because I had already completed the training last time, it wouldn't trigger this second time. The wall with the two grates you can climb to get to the door in the back left corner are still there, but when I climb them and reach the door, it is sealed with no way of opening it. Quitting the game and loading again brings me back to Cal's bedroom as a child, so I can't exit the padawan sequence at all. A completely game breaking bug, and 91% through it to boot. I won't be finishing the game unless this gets fixed.

Message 2 of 18 (4,529 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here, exact same problem. 

Even have a picture of it. Nothing I can do, no previous saves because for some reason only One Autosave...

Can't progress at all now.

Message 3 of 18 (4,417 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. Stucked as young Cal. Can get to the training room, but not out. After restarting the game I'm in Cal's bedroom. I cannot progress the game further and I don't want to play the game from the beginning again. 

I stopped playing when I broke my lightsaber and got to the snowy planet. After few days I played again - I needed to get the crystal for the lightsaber, and my old lightsaber should be broken and I shouldn't use it, but i could normally attack, so I thought that was weird. When I got the crystal and completed that planet I went back to Dathomir to progress story. I met the old stranger and when I spoke to him, he told me dialoge, that he used to tell me before I knew that he is jedi - shortly after I broke my lightsaber. I went to open the doors, and same things happened as the first time I visited Dathomir. Now I'm playing as young Cal, and there is no way to play the game...

Message 4 of 18 (4,346 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jaymart88 I’m also having this problem and it really sucks because of how far into the game it is. I’m happy to see other people are experiencing this too because hopefully EA will notice this and fix it.
Message 5 of 18 (4,338 Views)

★★★ Novice
@jaymart88 Also experiencing this exact same issue.. I've tried everything.. Even uninstalling the game and reinstall without any updates where the game is unplayable.. So frustrating.
Message 6 of 18 (4,313 Views)

★★ Novice

This is insane the same thing happened to me. Has ruined the game and they need to fix it ASAP.

Message 7 of 18 (4,261 Views)

★★ Novice

Fix it now

Message 8 of 18 (4,180 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did the new patch 1.11 fix this for any of you guys? 
Didn't fix mine.. Probably a corrupt save game now... However.. I really don't wanna start over in case this happens to me again next tim...

Message 9 of 18 (4,068 Views)

★ Novice

This exact same thing just happened to me. Do they plan on fixing this or do i have to start over? Video clip of bug  https://youtu.be/ol6ZPTL37-4

Message 10 of 18 (3,874 Views)