Re: Gallery family relationship loss

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gallery family relationship loss

★ Guide

After speaking with the friend i downloaded two families from, I think this may be a bug.

Friend uploaded two families to the gallery with unmarried couples. Both were at sweetheart levels in romance, both were at friend or better levels in the 'friendly' bar, and both had children together. Upon bringing the families into game and checking on them, both of the couples are barely aquaintences and there is no romance bar at all, even though they have a child together. 

Message 1 of 7 (858 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

We fixed an issue where newly made households from Create A Sim, that had their future homes edited before moving in, would lose their relationships to one another upon moving into the lot.

I'm guessing that's the issue they fixed but feedback on this is appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (786 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (852 Views)

Created family in CAS, not related???

★★ Novice

I created a family in Create A Sim, first I created the mum and dad and then I used the genetic tool to create two children. I selected a lot, deleted the house and made a new one and started playing with the family. I noticed that something was up when it came up with the options "Friendly Introduction" etc when I tried to make the son and dad talk. I checked the relationship bar and none of the family are related. I deleted the evicted the family and went into household management to check the relationships in CAS, they were all related. Why are they not related in gameplay or has anyone else had this problem?

Message 3 of 7 (849 Views)

Re: Created family in CAS, not related???

★★ Novice

Anyone? Don't want to continue playing family until sorted so bit annoying... any ideas?

Message 4 of 7 (843 Views)

Re: Created family in CAS, not related???

Hero

@GinaTheWhovian Merged. Don't think there's a solution since the cheat borks out too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 7 (834 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm a first time poster and a long time Sims player.  I'm experiencing the same problem as well. Recently I created a household of 8 Sims - a mom, a dad, 6 children (3 sons and 3 daughters). I placed them on an empty lot (so I could build a brand new home). But when I tried to make the mom and one of her daughters talk I was presented with Friendly Introduction, Rude Introduction, etc. Checked the relationship panel for each Sim and only one sim has relationships with the others in the household, all were at around 0. The others have no relationships at all. I'm getting really frustrated by this, what's the best way to work around?

Message 6 of 7 (805 Views)

Hero

We fixed an issue where newly made households from Create A Sim, that had their future homes edited before moving in, would lose their relationships to one another upon moving into the lot.

I'm guessing that's the issue they fixed but feedback on this is appreciated.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (787 Views)