Re: Gallery and Library Lot Download adding unremovable lot trait.

by crinrict

Original Post

Gallery and Library Lot Download adding unremovable lot trait.

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs GPs, SPs and Kits released to date.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to place a lot from the gallery or library onto the Slip 42 lot in Strangerville.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of the lots existing lot traits disappear and is replaced with Reduce and Recycle.
What do you expect to see? I expect the lot traits to remain the same.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I moved a sim I have been playing on for a while now to a fresh save. I uploaded his lot to my library (a tier 2 tiny home) and placed it on the Slip 42 lot in Strangerville. The gallery lot traits show as being Homey, Natural Well, and Chef's Kitchen. However, when I place the lot, it changes Homey to Reduce and Recycle and it's non-removable! I then uploaded my lot to the gallery and downloaded it from there, no change. I tried downloading a random build from the gallery, another tiny home with different traits and it did the same thing. I started a new save and checked the original lot traits and it has none.  Then I tried a regular residential lot and a slew of other types and it happened on all. The game has made the slip 42 lot in this save a permanent Reduce and Recycle lot, a trait the lot never had!

Message 1 of 4 (514 Views)

Hero
@whubble1817 Do you still have the lot in your gallery ? What's the name ? What others did you try ?

I downloaded the Christmas Chalet from your gallery that now has Chef Kitchen, Home Studio and acoustics when I download it to my game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having a similar issue.
Except it's auto-adding that lot trait, to every build I make.

Message 3 of 4 (447 Views)

Hero
@X-AuroraBat-X Are you using mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (433 Views)