Re: Galactic War difficulty

by AZHIGHWAYZ

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Another good suggestion! I vote for health resets, because your next battle is going against a squad with no damage, and you can't fit enough healers in a squad.

Also: if health and/or abilities don't reset from one battle to next, fine, AS LONG AS it would decrement 1 turn when you finish a battle! If I use an ability and a complete turn doesn't pass before I kill the last opponent, I shouldn't have to wait a FULL 3-4 turns into the next battle before I can use it again. Because of the current setup it is not practical to use heal before killing the last opponent because the following battle will often hit you too hard before you can heal but at the same time you often cannot leave your health levels where they are at at the end of the battle for example so need to use your healing
Message 11 of 23 (1,464 Views)

★★★ Novice

The galactic war is pure bs to me I get to halfway across the map and 80% of my guys are wiped no matter what and the opposite team can dodge almost everything I throw at them it's pure * to me it's been happening since I started playing and now I'm 3 stages in and half my team is wiped 

Message 12 of 23 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Novice

Galactic war is just a waste of time now I can't even get to the halfway mark now it's garbage 

Message 13 of 23 (1,453 Views)

★★ Novice

After the update I was able to complete a few of the galactic wars, and now somehow it's gotten harder than ever. I can barely make it halfway through the galactic war before I the opposing team is beyond my own teams ability to beat. I'm being pitted against characters that far outclass my own. Most times I can barely make a dent in their line before my team starts collapsing. I use other characters to try and soften them up, but they usually end up as cannon fodder. Sometimes the opposing team kills my guys and ends the match with more health than when they started. Is the galactic war about how much mental trauma I can take getting my trash kicked every day?

Message 14 of 23 (1,440 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

"I decided to reduce my ranking in the Squad Arena to see if that would change anything.  I'd heard the difficulty of GW is based on your level, your squad power, and your squad arena rank."

GW difficulty is determined by the highest power (of the whole squad) you have ever taken into Arena and won.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/469vj1/sad_post_i_was_wrong_about_galactic_war_us...

I am +1 (me too) ing this problem, I just wanted to share/clarify for those of you having issues with GW, like me. Never, ever raise your Power level in Arena. I now work on a GW team that can Power-up but doesn't go into Arena.

But even with that knowledge, the difficulty curve is a an abrupt cliff. It goes literally overnight from fine to sometimes impossible. Usually 5* of about the correct level to 5 x 70 mostly 7*.

The other problem is that GW is worth over 400,000 credits (and ability mats and droids and emeralds) which are heavily backloaded into the GW missions at the end.

So when you cut off our GW, you cut off our ability to pay for leveling or abilities, which makes GW harder, which makes leveling harder...and round and round.

Message 15 of 23 (1,437 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Oh and by the way, a level increase is only about a 0.5% (maybe 1% depending on your star rating) boost to your character's HP, damage, etc.

For those of you in the 60's (like me) the problem with the missions isn't the level 70 characters, it's the star rating of those enemies. You can always look at your squad's power and click on each enemy and add them up to see just how awful the matchmaking is.

If I'm at 21,000 I should probably never be seeing a 25,000 team. But if 'm going to, it should be battle #11 or #12, not battle #6!

Message 16 of 23 (1,436 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ditto. Just fought a team with a power rating of 20,000+ with my own power rating at 15,000. Their 24 stars vs. my 20. I'm losing tanks with a single shot. And this is battle 7, not 11 or 12. I'm barely halfway through and I've already lost any advantage. WTF am I supposed to do when I can't even DEFEND against the team I'm somehow expected TO BEAT? I'm done with this game. I'm supposed to enjoy my gaming experience, not get frustrated by it.

Message 17 of 23 (1,431 Views)

★★ Novice

Still dealing with the same issues as before. Nothing is being done to improve this part of the game. For some reason they want people to enjoy the game, except the Galactic War which is designed to frustrate and annoy you into abandoning the game. Hey EA, it's working.

Message 18 of 23 (1,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Ok so my highest character is level 59 with 5 stars, then a 58, then 2 level 54's. Yet on my second GW match I get this *. It's been doing this the last couple of days. Your GW match maker is broken EA. You need to seriously take a look and fix this.
image.png
Message 19 of 23 (1,392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey guys, I haven't logged on in quite a while for an update, sorry! I tried lowering my squad rank into the thousands and saw absolutely no change to my difficulty. So instead, I decided I was going to beat the * out of this stupid game the old fashioned way! I still haven't paid a dime into the game (though I wouldn't mind doing it), and I am beating the galactic war nearly every day. I have beaten it 35 times now, and am proud of it! I have a few tips, most of which have already been mentioned here. Say what you want about it, but retreating a match has been crucial to surviving. I know people think it's cheating, or wimping out, but frankly I couldn't care less. The key has been having Old Daka and Darth Sidious on my crew. Sidious will hit people with the anti-heal and the only character that can override that is Barriss Offee. Queen Daka has a 35% chance of reviving defeated allies and has saved my bacon a million times. So I have my top 5 characters with all 7 stars, maxed at level 70, with all their abilities & attacks (left column) maxed out at 6 or 7. Here's who I have in my top 5:

Luminari Unduli - leader (best leader ability in terms of healing)
Jedi Consular
Darth Sidious
Old Daka
Biggs Darklighter

These characters are pretty easy to max out based on how many opportunities they each have to gather their shards. Jedi Consular is great because he heals nearly as well as Luminari. Biggs is great because of his Comrade-in-arms attack that basically gives you an extra attack for free and has a 75% chance of critical hit.

You'll lose characters in the galactic war, I've never beaten in without losing someone. So I also beefed up some other characters, but I haven't been able to completely max them out yet. But there are a few others with lots of opportunities to get shards like; Stormtrooper Han, Captain Phasma, Clone Wars Chewy, Count Dooku, Savage Opress, and more.

My current goal is to get 9 light side and 9 dark side characters at level 70 with max abilities before a new update raises the max level. It helps that I play it every day, and I let my secondary account be just for fun. If I don't have time to get on that one, I don't worry about it. I recommend the same strategies, they work for me.

Spend all your galactic war tokens on 1 character until they're maxed out, I recommend Luminari, Biggs, and Phasma. Spend all your Arena tokens the same way, starting with Sidious, Savage Opress, Stormtrooper Han. Cantina credits take more time to obtain, so mine have all been spent on Daka, and she's nearly at her final 100. I recommend getting "Fives" after that for his speed bonus and counter attack.

I hope you all have as much fun at this game as I do. Enjoy!

Message 20 of 23 (4,168 Views)