Re: Galactic War difficulty

by walkerwarrior88

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Galactic War difficulty

★ Apprentice

Do you happen to know what exactly determines your difficulty in the Galactic War? I created a 2nd account and the difference in difficulty between the 2 is astounding. With my primary account, I'm level 61, consistently in the top 100 in squad arena, and have a squad power of 18,290 with my top 5. 7 star Sidious at gear level 8 , 5 star Luminara gear levl 7, 4 star Consular gear level 8, 5 star Chewy gear level 7, and 4 star Poe gear level 5. It seems the better I get my crew, the harder Galactic War is. I haven't even completed it once with this account. Is it determined by how far you've unlocked the light side/dark side battles? Or the cantina battles? Or what about your rank in squad arena? There's got to be an algarythm to it. My other account is UNREAL! I've got a weaker squad and I'e beaten the entire Galactic War over a dozen times. I think my overall power is 15,000. It's infuriating! Any information you can share would be great.

Message 1 of 23 (5,918 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey guys, I haven't logged on in quite a while for an update, sorry! I tried lowering my squad rank into the thousands and saw absolutely no change to my difficulty. So instead, I decided I was going to beat the * out of this stupid game the old fashioned way! I still haven't paid a dime into the game (though I wouldn't mind doing it), and I am beating the galactic war nearly every day. I have beaten it 35 times now, and am proud of it! I have a few tips, most of which have already been mentioned here. Say what you want about it, but retreating a match has been crucial to surviving. I know people think it's cheating, or wimping out, but frankly I couldn't care less. The key has been having Old Daka and Darth Sidious on my crew. Sidious will hit people with the anti-heal and the only character that can override that is Barriss Offee. Queen Daka has a 35% chance of reviving defeated allies and has saved my bacon a million times. So I have my top 5 characters with all 7 stars, maxed at level 70, with all their abilities & attacks (left column) maxed out at 6 or 7. Here's who I have in my top 5:

Luminari Unduli - leader (best leader ability in terms of healing)
Jedi Consular
Darth Sidious
Old Daka
Biggs Darklighter

These characters are pretty easy to max out based on how many opportunities they each have to gather their shards. Jedi Consular is great because he heals nearly as well as Luminari. Biggs is great because of his Comrade-in-arms attack that basically gives you an extra attack for free and has a 75% chance of critical hit.

You'll lose characters in the galactic war, I've never beaten in without losing someone. So I also beefed up some other characters, but I haven't been able to completely max them out yet. But there are a few others with lots of opportunities to get shards like; Stormtrooper Han, Captain Phasma, Clone Wars Chewy, Count Dooku, Savage Opress, and more.

My current goal is to get 9 light side and 9 dark side characters at level 70 with max abilities before a new update raises the max level. It helps that I play it every day, and I let my secondary account be just for fun. If I don't have time to get on that one, I don't worry about it. I recommend the same strategies, they work for me.

Spend all your galactic war tokens on 1 character until they're maxed out, I recommend Luminari, Biggs, and Phasma. Spend all your Arena tokens the same way, starting with Sidious, Savage Opress, Stormtrooper Han. Cantina credits take more time to obtain, so mine have all been spent on Daka, and she's nearly at her final 100. I recommend getting "Fives" after that for his speed bonus and counter attack.

I hope you all have as much fun at this game as I do. Enjoy!

View in thread

Message 20 of 23 (4,167 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie
I have a group of friends that play this game. I am by far the furthest and with the most powerful squad, yet I can't get into the top 100 in arena and very rarely can I get through galactic war. All 3 of my friends on the other hand are top 100 or even top 20 and finish every galactic war they participate in. All of their battles are relatively easier than mine and none of them get shafted as hard as I do by how lucky the AI gets in battle. I've spent $40 to try to make up for what I may be lacking but after over a month now I'm convinced my game is just dead set on shafting me and hindering my progress.
Message 2 of 23 (5,879 Views)

★★ Novice
I have found that since i've been over level 60 my galactic wars have become near enough impossible to beat, from as early as the third battle i'm finding i'm playing against players that are higher level than me and have ALL of their characters at 7* if not 6* and all at least gear 7, and then it only gets worse as I progress throughout. It is seriously frustrating and is putting me off the galactic wars but I need the shards. To make it worse i've seen a whole team of chromium exclusive characters at 7* which obviously means that they just spent ridiculous amounts of money to get their team or have hacked somehow which just makes it all the more annoying.
Message 3 of 23 (5,871 Views)

★★ Novice

I am at level 52, but start to facing level 65 squad in GW, My squad got two at level 5 with purple gear, rest of the team at level 4 with tier V gear, I think the gear set is prompting the higher level squad. This turn this fun game into a frustrating grind, almost pluck grown $100 for the crystal vault, I will hold it off to see if this problem continue as it is now.

Message 4 of 23 (5,847 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Personally, I have only put $5 into the game for the starter pack that included Greedo and I also started playing at the very end of December so I was a little more than a month behind those who started when the game released. But I have played daily since I started with only a day or two that I have done little to nothing in the game.

The difficulty, as I have leveled up, seemed to be pretty even with my account level. When I first unlocked the Galactic War, I was only able to complete it for 2 days and then I could never complete it. Recently, I've unlocked a few new characters that added quite a bit of usefulness to my team of 5 and I have been completing that Galactic War off and on for the last week.

I don't think the characters that you have make a difference when it comes to what opponents you are going to face. But, if you don't have a team of 5 that works in sync, you are likely going to have some trouble getting through a lot of the Wars that you start. I would suggest trying new things until you find something that works. Also, be picky about what characters you choose to level up because the training droids are in limited supply when you're trying to level too many characters at once.

Message 5 of 23 (5,838 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm glad I'm not the only one, and thank you all for sharing.  I decided to reduce my ranking in the Squad Arena to see if that would change anything.  I'd heard the difficulty of GW is based on your level, your squad power, and your squad arena rank.  I went down to rank 2500 or something like that for a couple days and saw ZERO improvement.  In fact, it's gotten even harder.  So I'm convinced that the GW difficulty is a mixture of your best possible squad power, and what EA server you're on.  That was a theory another user pointed out a while back and I think it makes the most sense.  Even here one of you mentioned your account is vastly different from your friends' game experience.  I think it's because the server you and I are on happen to have more powerful players, thus making it more difficult.  While others have less powerful opponents.  It's unfortunate for us, because it seems the more I try to get powerful enough  to beat it, the more difficult my opponents become.  It's not a great system.  If it's this challenging, what's my motivation to try?  I have to win some times, right?  Am I just being a diva?

Message 6 of 23 (5,834 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm stuck with this same problem, too. I've been focusing on leveling up my team only for the galactic wars. Every other part of the game is fun to play and challenging enough to make it entertaining. But now every time I stop playing it's due to the frustration of getting a team I've been developing for months being destroyed by a team I have no business fighting, and no chance of beating. I waste entire teams of lower level characters just in the hopes I can get one member of the other team down and make it possible for my A team to get a win without major losses. I used to be able to win with characters to spare, and now I'm lucky if I can get to the last bracket before I lose everyone. Most days I quit in frustration and wait for the reset so I can get my win and complete the daily tasks. I spent so much time getting a team I was happy with, and now all that time is wasted. Oh well, there's always another game down the road.

Message 7 of 23 (5,820 Views)

★★★ Novice

It seems definitely tied to level to me... I had been making some progress with it after it unlocked, but then a couple levels later, I noticed the rewards were getting stingier, & now that I've made level 56, I can't even clear the 393rd damn battle!

This game is beginning to really stink, because you get quickly to a point where you can NOT progress, because your squad isn't good enough, AND you can't GET any of the things you need to improve your squad!!

Message 8 of 23 (5,780 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fortunately I didn't spend a lot in this game either, & it's starting to look like just give it a 1 star& move on to another game...

You quickly grind to a halt because your squad needs one thing or the other, & you can't get get things you need! 

Items are further along in locked levels, & trying to get shards is ridiculous! Even with buying data cards, because they are random drop eash,: even if all data cards gave were shards, with the number of hero's (at least half of which apear worthless)  the odds of getting useful shards from a data card package are disgustingly low

Message 9 of 23 (5,771 Views)

★★ Novice
Agreed with all comments.. I really dont care for the Arena battles. I just get in get out with what I need for Daily tasks. But seriously though EA. You REALLY need to address the difficulty on the Galatic March. I think it should be only 9 battles to complete. OR Your squad heals every battle as if you were playing a bunch of Arena battles. Just look into it and stop ignoring your fans.

But honestly if you guys are just gunna be * about it I will personally find the man responsible for the March and give him a scaithing punch to the teeth...
Message 10 of 23 (5,714 Views)