Galactic War Match Making

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Tablet
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? None
OS Version Bluestacks
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 389-156-394
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Galactic War Match Making system needs looked at or tweaked
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a few weeks of Galactic War at level 80-81 and tell me how often you complete it.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US

Not a bug persay, but the Galactic War Match Making system needs to be reviewed.  In the course of playing I understand that you'll occasionally run into tough teams.  However, after fight 9 or 10 fights in a row without restoring Health/Protection you cannot expect someone to beat a Level 85 team that has Zetas and Gear Level 12 when you're Level 81 and your characters are Gear Level 9 and 10.  I'm running into these teams more and more often since I hit the 80s.  The Opponent Team's Gear Level and Player level should always be closely matched to the Player actively fighting, they should never be 2+ Gear Levels ahead.  I used to get through Galactic War every day, but since hitting the 80s the Match Making has been awful and it's become impossible to finish Galactic War 50% of the time.  

Message 1 of 24 (1,165 Views)

Re: Galactic War Match Making

★★★ Novice

Happened again today.  Everything was fine, had a few tough battles, but I get to the 12 fight and it's a full Nightsister team that were all gear 11 and 12 with two Zetas.  While I am in the process of building my own Nightsister team, I would have had no problem facing this team if their gear level was comparable to my own.  Nightsister teams are tough enough on their own, but they are completely impossible if they are 2 levels above your gear level.

Message 2 of 24 (1,126 Views)

Galactic War was designed and scaled to require multiple full teams to complete.

What I would do is using a high-hitting, disruptive team (like Emperor Palpatine lead, Vader, other sith/empire) in the first node. End the easy battle with mostly full protection, and hopefully 3-4 of the characters will have mostly full turn meter bars, and all skills off cooldown.

Then switch to another less effective team (like Phoenix or Rebels with R2) that should keep most of its protection through multiple fights. Then, when you run into a very difficult squad in node 11 or so, you can switch to the Empire team and hopefully blast that squad.

Remember, retreating from a GW battle resets everything. You can try the same battle dozens of times until you lose. The AI will always make the same decisions (and roll the same "RNG") when faced with the same inputs. For example, if your Palpatine uses his stun first, each time you enter the battle it will stun the exact some enemies. If you don't like how that stun occurred, you must change at least one member of your team to get the system to "re-roll" the outcome.

With enough dedication, planning, and several geared squads, it's possible to overcome these much stronger teams. Just don't expect to use a single squad to do it.

★★★ Novice

That's actually pretty close to what I'm already doing.  My main team is Boba Fett, Vader, Tarkin (Debuff works good for hard hitting teams), Helmless Kylo for tanking, and either Bariss for heals or I'll swap her out and bring Palpatine in as lead when I need to inflict heal immunity (Remember, Fett isn't quite high enough yet to do it).

I use that team once or twice leading up to the end so they get turn meter and they're fresh for tough fights, and for the majority of the other fights I use a newer Nightsister team that can take out 90% of the opponents I face.  The Nightsister team is only between Gear 8-10 (Talzin, Daca, Talia, Ventress, Zombie), but obviously they stay healed almost constantly and they have no trouble with 90% of the fights.  

I do abuse the retreat option, sometimes multiple times a fight and tweaking my combat order/targets to get an optimum result.  I have noticed that if you follow the same pattern every fight, the result will be always the same, but one small tweak like using a different ability on a turn can change the fight completely...it's surprising how completely NOT random the fights are.  I've used that knowledge to scrape by a lot of fights that I probably shouldn't have.

That said, I could take both above teams AND my Rebel/Light side squad against this Nightsister team and it won't matter, their gear level is too high for anything I currently have.  I would have no problem facing them if the gear levels were comparable, but there is 0% chance to beat them given the fact they've got multiple Zetas and 2 gear levels over my characters.  I've reset the battle 30+ times and there's really no path where I can win.

Message 4 of 24 (1,115 Views)

★★★ Novice

And again...

Message 5 of 24 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Novice

And again...

Message 6 of 24 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

And again.  I had two days back to back where the teams were all within my level, was able to get through just fine.  Yesterday I did have an Sith (Nihulus, Maul, Vader, Emperor, and a Thrawn) team /w Maul as lead, two characters were Gear 12 and one Zeta, but I was just able to scrape by (It was ugly). 

Tonight though I had a team that had 4 Gear 12 Jedi:  Yoda, CLS, Bastilla, Ezra, and Obi Wan, one was Zeta'd.  I took my team of Boba Fett, Emperor, Vader, Tarkin, and Helmless Kylo in.  I was able to take out Old Ben, but at some point the Jedi were moving so fast I didn't get enough Turn Meter and they ended up wiping my team out before I could escape.  Brought my Gear 9 Nightsister team in, but they could only take Yoda out before Ezra, CLS, and Bastilla would decimate them.  After many attempts I threw in the towel, I definitely don't have another team that can take these guys if the Nightsisters go down.  

Again, this match making system needs looked at.  There's nothing more frustrating than getting through 10-11 fights and facing a team that is completely out of your league.  This is a major problem in the 80s bracket because it seems like Galactic War generally matches you with players +/- 5 Player Levels to you.  That isn't a problem from 60-80, but at 80 that's going to include characters that are fully maxed out and fresh 80s can't compete with that. The match making system needs to consider character gear level and Zetas when providing opponents.  

Message 7 of 24 (972 Views)

★★★ Novice

And again...

Message 8 of 24 (960 Views)

★★★ Newbie
then you have the Fett characters in nearly every node. Then the overpowered unbeatable Nightsisters, that for some reason now, all five auto resurrect. I so hate GW, 10 more till I can sim out of it. Worst part of the game, almost made me quit entirely.
Message 9 of 24 (950 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Fett doesn't usually bother me.  He can hit hard and his missile prevents anything from being resurrected other than NS Zombie, but unless he's in a team of Bounty Hunters I can usually keep him stunned and burn him down quick.

Generally the teams I face at the end of GW are an all Sith team /w Emperor, Vader, Nihulus, Maul, Oppress or swap one out for Thrawn.  That, or a Nightsister team that is far stronger than my own.  Jedi teams have been annoying lately too though, they can hit pretty hard when they're 2 Gear Levels above you:  Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Ezra, Bastilla for Support, and Bariss for heals or maybe Asoka.  

I wouldn't mind ANY of the above teams if they were within my own Gear Level.  They would still be tough, but I can usually scrape by.  When they're Gear Level 12 /w Zetas you can't compete with that.  I'm close to breaking into Gear 11 on my best teams, but it's a slow process.  Once my Nightsister team is pretty strong I've been thinking about creating an Imperial Trooper team cause I guess they're the counter to Nightsisters, but that's not going to happen for awhile.  I'm still a few levels from 85, but I'm unfortunately farther than 10 more GW's till I can sim out...I skipped GW for about a month cause I was busy and I regret it now.

Message 10 of 24 (935 Views)