Re: GW Matchmaking is not fun.

by CG_MindTricks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

GW Matchmaking is not fun.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung S6 Edge (irrelevant)
OS Version irrelevant.
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 651-197-869
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug GW Matchmaking, don't think it's anything new.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get an account running and try completing GW for more than 2 days in a row.
Connection Type
Please select your region Europe
Country

Hello there,

I decided to come back to the game, since i played it when it first launched, but then i stopped because GW was really annoying (before the GW SIM days..). So 3 days ago i just got my alt to lvl 40, go into GW, complete it the first time around, cuz i didn't hit any brick walls. The second day (acc lvl 41) on the 3rd node i hit a lvl 72 with full phoenix squad although low gear. Now you could already figure this out that i'm not beating someone 30 levels above me. Next day, all is fine and well i complete the GW. Fourth day of GW, acc lvl 44 i hit a lvl 66 guy with 2x7*, 1x6*, 1x5* and a 4* team. Again you could gues what happened. I couldn't even dent them. My problem isn't that i'm not completing GW, it's that it's a brick wall that i CANNOT beat. I've tried getting their specials with lower level character etc.etc. it doesn't work. It's insanely maddening how i'm not able to do anything against that, just because the matchmaking is poopoo... It's been like that since the game launched, could we already do something about it? It shouldn't be a hard thing to fix from any standpoint... If possible i'd like a valid answer as to why this isn't being looked at still..

Best regards,

A dude who enjoys the game.

Message 1 of 4 (584 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)
Hi there, while I understand the frustration in regards to the GW matchup, this is not a bug.

Best place to post this would be on the official forum in the Feedback section for Galactic War:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/galactic-war

Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (562 Views)

All Replies

Hi there, while I understand the frustration in regards to the GW matchup, this is not a bug.

Best place to post this would be on the official forum in the Feedback section for Galactic War:
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/galactic-war

Thank you.
Message 2 of 4 (563 Views)

★★ Novice

I was told by mods at the forum to bring the issue here.

[spoiler]

Screenshot_2018-11-11-13-24-59.png

Screenshot_2018-11-11-13-25-06.png

Screenshot_2018-11-11-13-25-18.png

Screenshot_2018-11-11-13-25-24.png

Screenshot_2018-11-11-13-25-33.png

Screenshot_2018-11-11-13-25-42.png

Screenshot_2018-11-11-13-26-16.png

[/spoiler]

On battle 4 we see a team of over 30K GP against a roster with a top 5 of 18K GP.  That under no circumstances is appropriate and this did not start happening until the beginning of October.

Considering it hadn't happened from the inception of GW until early October, I would say that it IS indeed a bug.

Message 3 of 4 (527 Views)

Thanks for the additional information. We've confirmed with the dev team that there have been no changes that would affect Galactic War matchmaking this year. However, we did identify a bug that would cause the opponents to sometimes not match the expected difficulty.
Message 4 of 4 (512 Views)