Re: [GTW] "Return to Police Station" Task does not get completed

by crinrict

Original Post

[GTW] "Return to Police Station" Task does not get completed

★★★ Novice

Hi everyone!

Very recently I've been having trouble with my Police Officer Sim. I arrive at the police station, complete some tasks here and there and then I eventually either send him on patrol, to a crime scene or on an APB.

Everything works perfectly fine on the scene, but when I'm done and want to return to the police station, the problems begin. I travel back to the police station and when I arrive I see that the task to "return to Police Station" doesn't get ticked off. I also don't get any other tasks so I can't really do anything anymore. I've tried travelling back and forth, but that didn't work. I've tried deleting CC en Mods and that didn't do anything either.

Any idea what could have caused this and how can I fix it?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11 (6,072 Views)

Hero

Did you try if it works the next day ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (6,034 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, it's the same thing everyday. 

Message 3 of 11 (6,028 Views)

Hero

Sounds very similar to this one: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Incorrect-suspect-traits-TO-ADD/td-p/4486122/ (except different task).

Are you ok with me merging your thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (6,023 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't really think it's the same problem.

Anyway, the problem is getting worse, now the game doesn't even recognise a crime scene as a crime scene. So when I travel to the crime scene, the task 'Travel to Crime Scene' remains active meaning I can't complete any other task. Travelling back and forth doesn't do anything at all. All this means I can't progress in the Detective career which is really annoying.

Message 5 of 11 (5,981 Views)

Hero

Did you try quitting and rejoining ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (5,973 Views)

★★★ Novice

Like quitting the job? No I've not tried that yet. I'll go and see if that works as soon as I am able. Thanks!

Message 7 of 11 (5,966 Views)

[GTW] Detective bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

There's a bug on my detective sim that's left it stuck in one area for long as every time i click return to police station it never works, it just disappears from the list without doing anything, even when the work day ends nothing happens and i stay stuck in the area (library in willow creek)

Message 8 of 11 (5,964 Views)

Re: [GTW] Detective bug

Hero

@itua3000 Merged your post. Does the Sim leave when the shift is over ?

@MathyL16 Did the suggestion help anything ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 11 (5,954 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same thing here. No matter if I return to the police station by clicking on my sim or on the ground or whatever, when I finally get back to the police station the task for "Return to Police Station" is still listed as un-ticked and it is the only objective.

The only way to get past it is to make my sim muck around for the rest of their shift and then the next day at work the objectives are reset again.

Message 10 of 11 (5,922 Views)