Re: Unable to ring up customers

by erntit

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. I have a retail clothing store, and it keeps telling me people want to check out and pay but the icon doesn’t show over their head and I can’t ring them up. Can you assist? This other icon shows instead which looks like their footing is blocked.

Message 11 of 18 (706 Views)

Re: [GTW] Unable to ring up customers

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The customers are ready to buy, but the grocery cart icon does not come up. I have bull dozed the whole lot and waited a few days and added it back. I also started a new game and added the lot and still same issue. I get a message they want to buy, but need the grocery cart icon to ring them up. I talked to EA but they just repeated all the steps I have described. They also wanted to know if the sim lives at home or travels to the retail lot. My sims travels to the lot. Any more ideas, I could try. I have newest version of the game. I had the Get to Work pack for a long time, this is just the first time I bought a retail store.....I read the thread and togged off the items I had for sale in the display frig but shopping cart still does not show up. Anyone have any other solutions? I have never had any CC on my game.

Message 12 of 18 (666 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It's been a while I'm having this exact same problem and I can't figure out how to fix it. "People want to check out and pay but the icon doesn’t show over their heads and I can’t ring them up. This other icon shows instead which looks like their footing is blocked." Once in a while I can ring up a client or two but 95% complain like the way is blocked (it isn't), even though they are willing to buy already. It's really frustrating, I've been trying every few days to see if it's fixed but nothing so far. I had a fridge for costumers on the lot at some point, not anymore. Selling flower arrangements. Another weird thing that happens when I take too long to replace a sold item is that the sold sign turns to ash. Has anybody figured out what's going on?

Message 13 of 18 (619 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was running a successful pie shop fine and this randomly started happening. I didn't add anything, I didn't change anything. I repaired my game and removed my mods and it is still happening. I do not have the lice freezer. Just display cases. I scrapped my whole lot and put in a completely new one, and it was working, I changed some things in build/buy, and then issues again. Waving like they can't reach something that was completely fine before.

Message 14 of 18 (509 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I don't know why this worked but it did. I saved my store lot in my library. Bulldozed the entire lot. Re-placed my just saved lot from library save. It seems to have fixed things for now.

Message 15 of 18 (500 Views)

★★ Novice

I also have this issue, how has this not been fixed yet? back after years not playing and wanted to have a store and i get all the notifications for sales but no icon or ability to interact with the customers to sell stuff.

Message 16 of 18 (291 Views)

★★★ Novice
@freiundentwirrt I also have this problem, and I have the ‘lice cold freezer’ as well!
Message 17 of 18 (278 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello All,

If any of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

Message 18 of 18 (225 Views)