by freiundentwirrt

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] Unable to ring up customers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Dk
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except SV and IL
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a retail store and wait for customers to be ready to buy.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get the notification that customers are ready to ring out but nothing appears above their head.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the cart icon above their head giving me the option to ring them out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have removed ALL CC and mods to test and it still did the same thing. I get notifications that customers are ready to be rung out but no cart appears above their head. They then just linger around the bakery and never leave while their same notification to ring out pops up over and over for everyone in the store. But, for every four people that it glitches on, one will actually work so not sure why. This is a retail bakery lot with food items being sold. If I'm open for ten hours usually I will only complete about three purchases when normally the amount would be triple that. 

Customers say they are ready to be rung up but then no cart appears above their head and they just linger around the bakery and never leave. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 18 (6,714 Views)

Re: Unable to ring up customers

[ Edited ]
Hero

@freiundentwirrt COuld you test if you get the same issue on a different retail shop ? Do you have a lice cold freezer on the lot ? If so, can you try removing that to see if that makes a difference ?

EDIT: Also merged your posts.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (6,683 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@freiundentwirrt

Try doing a factory reset of the game folder.
Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with a random sim and play for 10 minutes. Save and check if this problem disappeared in the new game
If yes
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. If you don't use mods - skip this step.
Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder.

I don't work for EA
Message 3 of 18 (6,679 Views)

Hero
@freiundentwirrt Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (6,638 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry about that. I went on vacation day after posting that and haven't played. Will test it out for sure. Thanks

Message 5 of 18 (6,631 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So first I tested with all CC removed and nothing changed. Then I only removed lice cooler and warming racks, i have two of each on the lot, and after removing them the store functioned perfectly.  I went back in and played again with the lice fridge back in place and the problems started right away. Dang I've had so much trouble with those freezers but they are so essential to running most retail lots i have. Wish EA could just fix them already. I have ice cream that I sell in the freezers on this specific lot. Guess I will just not play this family until it's fixed. 

Message 6 of 18 (6,595 Views)

Hero
@freiundentwirrt I tested this in my save and I can duplicate if I ONLY sell stuff in the lice freezer. As soon as I add other things to sell, it's working fine for me.

Don't have time to try more if they buy on their own from the freezer if I only have that.

Did you also test a fresh save to see if it's an issue related to your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 18 (6,589 Views)

Hero
@freiundentwirrt Have you been able to test a fresh save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (6,533 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

You can close this if needed. I've been so busy lately that I haven't been playing. Thanks 

Message 9 of 18 (6,509 Views)

Hero
@freiundentwirrt Just haven't been able to replicate.

I'm leaving it as is and waiting for your feedback whenever you have time to play again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 18 (6,492 Views)