[GTW] Time resetting after leaving retail business to go home?

by MidnightSky78

Original Post

[GTW] Time resetting after leaving retail business to go home?

★ Novice

I installed Get to Work for the first time two days ago, and today, one of my Sims started her very own retail business. She worked at the business for ~7 hours, her son [child] got home from school, and I clicked on his icon in the UI and sent him to the retail lot too. After my Sim finished work, I sent them both home together, and I was very confused, because they apparently travelled back in time.

My Sim left her home at roughly 10am Monday. She worked at her business until about 5pm Monday. When she returned home, it was suddenly 10am Monday again. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

As for standard information, I do not have any CC or mods installed, nor have I ever had them installed on The Sims 4. I play on a laptop that runs Windows 8.1, and up until now, I've never had a problem.

Message 1 of 4 (262 Views)

Re: [GTW] Time resetting after leaving retail business to go home?

Hero

Could you go back to the retail store and see if everything reset there too ?

You might be having this issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/GTW-Progress-on-Retail-Lot-not-saved-Save-Error-531/... but I'm not sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (256 Views)

★ Novice

I just spent about 45 minutes trying to get into my save game; it seems like I'm having a similar issue to the one in that thread, but maybe an additional one thrown into the mix? I'm not getting that error code, but I am having all sorts of problems.

When I tried to load the game to try travelling back to the retail lot to check if everything reset there too, I got a message while I was still in the main menu that said game data was missing (no error code given). I tried loading the save game, saw the retail lot was completely gone, and exited to main menu without saving. Got error code 22 once reaching the main menu.

Then, I tried loading an earlier save of the same game, and it failed to load, gave me error code 801. I exited game completely and reloaded into the main menu, where I once again got an error code 22, with the addition now of the fact that the game didn't recognize I had any save games - none were loadable, there was no menu of them to choose from, and clicking the arrow that sends you into your most recent save sent me into CAS. I exited the game again.

In Origin, went to The Sims 4, scrolled down to Get to Work, right clicked and checked for updates. Game was up to date. Right clicked again and repaired game. Upon loading to the main menu again, got error code 22 again, and again, no save games recognized. Exited game again.

Finally, I went in and deleted all cache files except for FileCache in The Sims 4 cache folder. Reloaded game. Suddenly, all my saves are back, as is my retail lot. However, upon attempting to travel to the retail lot, yes, all progress has been reset. =(

I have no idea what's going on.

Message 3 of 4 (244 Views)

Hero

Probably all caused by that game data missing error. That has a thread in the general section. Not sure what's going on with that yet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (229 Views)