[GTW] Progress on Retail Lot not saved / Save Error 531

by GreenAuraa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[GTW] Progress on Retail Lot not saved / Save Error 531

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

So I'm playing the new Sims 4 Get To Work and have started a bakery, but I have been having some problems with the perks...

First time I unlocked the Additional Employee #1 perk, I got a new employee and when she arrived I went the change her uniform. when was done and It was sending me back into the game it reset me to an old save and my perk points/employee perk were gone. I didn't think much of it then, and continued to play..

I now reached enough points to unlock the perk again and made sure to save right before i did. After I unlocked it  I tried to save, but I got an error: "The game failed to save. Error Code: 531:3625458756348648303:875986086996499105"

So I'm guessing there's something wrong with the Additional Employee #1 or I'm doing something wrong?

I appreciate any help I can get or hearing if anyone else is having the same problem? Confusedmileyhappy:

P.s. I have never downloaded any custom content or mods.

Update:

So I just closed my game to reload the save I did right before unlocking the perk and it send me to the same old save!!! losing all my perk points and all the stuff I baked... I now have to redo it for the second time, this is very frustrating Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 1 of 16 (1,878 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Progress on Retail Lot not saved / Save Error 531

Hero

Not going to put this as fixed just yet.

Patch Notes 1.5.149 address the issue but I want your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 16 (893 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GTW] Can't save after getting the Additional Employee #1 perk

Hero

EA is working on this.

Willing to share your save game ? If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (1,852 Views)

Game progress lost when returning from retail lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been having an issue where my Sim will go off to her retail lot in the morning, spend the whole day there doing things, and then when I make her travel back home, it's the same time as when she left in the morning and all my progress at the retail store is lost, but all her needs are deteriorated as if she spent the whole day at the store. I removed all custom content and the problem persists. If I try saving on a retail lot  so as not to lose my progress, I get a save game error with a long series of numbers. 

System info:  

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac14,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 3.2 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B09

Graphics: 

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

Message 3 of 16 (1,854 Views)

Re: Game progress lost when returning from retail lot

Hero

This is a known problem. Something is probably corrupt on the lot and it can't be saved at all. EA is working on it.

I though there was already a thread on it but I can't find it.

Be adding yours. Not sure when though cause I don't have much time the coming days.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (1,850 Views)

Hero

@GreenAuraa Renamed your thread a bit.

@catainkay Found the thread and have merged

This has been added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (1,831 Views)

★ Novice

It's been said before that it happens when you remove an "out of stock" sign, for example for baked goods.

I'm going to try to build a new retail lot, where I never remove those signs, and see if the game will save then.

Message 6 of 16 (1,826 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yes. I have the same issue myself and I did remove lots of those signs.

I believe removing the signs can corrupt the display cases which leads to the error. Unfortunately you can't remove signs for baked good through buy mode

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13505377/#Comment_13505377

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (1,822 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I can't delete the out of stock signs with buymode either, so I sent them to the Home Inventory... Saved successfully. Went home and back to retail lot, to an old saved state and all the out-of-stock-signs back in the display cases...

Also, they first time it happened I hadn't even discovered you could decorate cupcakes, so, maybe what was suggested here (http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13505377/#Comment_13505377) is not the only cause.

Message 8 of 16 (1,810 Views)

Hero

Maybe removing signs is generally wonky. I think moving the signs ot the inventory also bugs them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 16 (1,790 Views)

Retail Store resets and home lot time moves up by hours.

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing on my first family and I got the husband starting a shop.

Playing the store was fine for a while, but then, I was finishing closing the shop at one point and sent the husband home. The home lot's time jumped a few hours ahead and all my kids and his wife had a day off from work/school. I, then, sent my husband back to the retail lot, and that lot completely reset. It was like everything was pushed back to when I first got on the lot for that day.

I went to The Sims 4 forums and read that some ppl were getting this bug and one suggested that deleting the "Sold" signs causes the bug. When I stopped removing the signs, it stopped, but it's getting harder to get good sales when you have to replace things by order (the husband I play is a chef, who's making bakery good in his shop. It's annoying to spend as much as you sold replacing goods when you can remake the items for MUCH less).

I was just wondering if any others are getting this bug and if there's any chance of it getting fixed, cause while I can sell food without the stands to place food on, it's a bit frustrating not using them.

At least, is there a better work around for it than not removing the sold signs?

I have windows 7 and two mods in game if it helps: mgomez-relationshipdecay mod and the neverwearyunnerfed mod. Everything else I have is clothing CC.

Message 10 of 16 (1,751 Views)