by LeissaMyst

Original Post

[GTW] Professional Doctors Family Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion packs, All Game Packs, Spooky, RG, KR, VG, Toddler, LD, TL, NK, and Paranormal Stuff Packs, and the Bust the Dust, and Little Campers Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let me start out by saying if need be I can provide my save files to help diagnose this, just ask. Nearly Every time I end a workday at a Hospital (GTW), coming from a household with just 1 Young Adult (The MD), and a single teen, the teen gets removed from my control upon returning to the home lot. It seems to happen every time I've gone to work thus far in this particular save.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Scene shifts from the hospital to the home of my family, but instead of regaining control of the character that can't goto the hospital, it only has control of the one that went, additionally they neither appear on the sims bar, nor change to when I press space on keyboard. The Only Fix I've discovered so far is goto manage worlds and return to my active lot, which seems to (temporarily) resolve the issue.
What do you expect to see? Upon returning from work, all sims in the household are usable that are on the same scene, and certainly not missing from the family bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started within the last couple of major patches, it has not been too long that I have been playing this household but I think it's probably something in an official patch within the last 2 - 3 official patches. No Other major intentional changes coincide with this event, however I would like to add, that I have been encountering quite a few bugs with other aspects of the Sims 4 which seem unrelated but exist on the same save file (I'll check and report those after I finish filing this one)

Last Exception File: https://pastebin.com/r6MNFHb4

Save File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hv9fa0egjm7xqp1/saves.7z?dl=0

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 4 (814 Views)

Re: Professional Doctors Family Disappearing

Hero
@LeissaMyst Do you only have this happening with the doctor career or other active careers too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (783 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict I haven't checked the other careers, and it may be some time before I can; things have popped up in RL that prevent me from doing as throughout a diagnositic of this problem as I would like. If anyone else is experiencing the issue then they may be able to help diagnose it.
Message 3 of 4 (621 Views)

Hero
@LeissaMyst Going to tag this as GTW issue then for the moment then :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (603 Views)