Re: Sims 4 Get to work, Prisoners bug and more. Please help!

by Lazychimpanzee

Original Post

[GTW] Prisoners are not doing interactions/ co-workers get locked in cells

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe, Spooky Stuff, Get to work, Tiny Living, Vampires, City Living, Snowy Escape, Spa Day, Seasons, Holiday Celebration pack, Get famous, Laundry day stuff, Vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As soon as my character travels to the workplace, the prisoner AIs are not moving - they are standing still, not doing anything despite the fact they need to: use the bathroom, eat, dance, sleep etc. (everything is provided inside their cell). In addition, other officers interact with the gate and sometimes lock their co-workers inside.
What happens when the bug occurs? The prisoners on "Get to work" expansion pack (detective job) only moves when I "Add to family". Otherwise, they would all be standing still and do nothing despite the fact that there are objects around them to interact with (e.g. fill their needs for toilet, food etc.) I had read that there are factors why this might happen, and tried all the solutions including: reinstalling the game and transfer the save files, Ensuring the prisoner's cell has no way to escape (each side of the walls are secured), Transfer them to solitary after finding items after searching them, "Debug" everything I could possibly debug within the workplace; "reset first name surname", leave workplace and try other sims to join the same work. Lastly, click "Repair" on the game. Other methods: "Changed the sims 4 file to thesims4_recover", and start fresh - but the bug is still happening. Re-uploading my save files would not fix it at all.
What do you expect to see? The usual; how it used to function. Prisoners taking care of themselves functioning how other sims would - get other officer's attention by making noises and messing with the gate. Detectives and officers not lock each other randomly. Lastly, for civilians not to treat the station like a hang out place where they use work computers and roam around like it's a hangout place open for everyone. It would mean a lot if this issue is resolved. It is very frustrating and I have tried everything I could to fix it. Thank you all in advance.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here I have attached a screenshot of which character is currently in the workplace (both save file work as detectives, because I tried to do the method of leaving, coming back and use other sims to join the workforce to see if it would fix the bug).

The other screenshot is what the prisoners look like, they do not move in-game until they pass out, etc. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 7 (1,558 Views)

Hero
@Lazychimpanzee Does it work if you use the default police station ? They should be in the cell actually so maybe it's an issue with the station you're using ? I'm not even sure they have needs while they are at the station

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,529 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey Crinrict,

I have tried it on a clean set up where I changed the folder from the sims 4 to thesims4_recovery. I applied the new character to the same workplace for a test to see if the prisoners would respond differently on the regular prison, but they did not unfortunately. Adding them to the sim family and removing them would allow them to perform how sim prisoners should be (e.g. mess with the gate, push ups, dance etc.). However when I get back to the police station, they would be replaced with new prisoners - standing still and not doing anything. It bothers me, because they would bug out: when I need them for finger prints, interrogation, etc. They would get out of the cage and "T" pose sometimes then teleport back inside the cell - resulting the interaction to show "Lock Sim" even though they never got out to begin with - This is where it gets more frustrating because multiple officers (at least 3-4) would interact with the gate and put their co-workers inside (perhaps because the AI think there's a prisoner still out?) 

I have attached a screenshot of the prisoners on a regular prison (the standard cell), I also got a screenshot of my sim, trying to put back an inmate, but the bug instead made the sim put a co-worker away.

Message 3 of 7 (1,522 Views)

Hero
@Lazychimpanzee To be sure, you started a new save with the new setup and the same issue occurred ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,483 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

CM Edit: English on the English boards please. 

Message 5 of 7 (1,473 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
@crinrict Yes! I started a new save file with Introduction and everything, the screenshot I had shared was also another attempt of my other sim applying for the same job.
Message 6 of 7 (1,409 Views)

Hero
@Lazychimpanzee I need to test my game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (1,397 Views)