Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] No sims at detective APB locations except for the crimin

by halloweenchild13

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] No Sims After Issuing APB (Detective Career)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.87.40.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All besides journey to batuu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever my detective sim issues an APB, she travels to the lot and there is no one there, not even the suspect.
What do you expect to see? Suspect should be at lot
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever my detective sim issues an APB, she travels to the lot and there is no one there, not even the suspect.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 15 (2,635 Views)

Re: No Sims After Issuing APB (Detective Career)

Hero
@kuunce Did you check all around the area to see if they are stuck somewhere of lot ?

Do you have NPCs appearing normally outside of the APB ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,594 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [GTW] No sims at detective APB locations except for the crimin

★★★★ Guide
@simvasion I've been having a very similar issue, but instead, no sims turn up at the APB location, just my sim. It's very irritating.
Message 3 of 15 (2,539 Views)

Hero
@halloweenchild13 I moved your post over to the thread for no Sim showing up.

OP never came back to me so maybe you could answer my questions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (2,520 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thanks Crin! I can answer your questions. When I arrive at the lot where the APB suspect is supposed to appear the lot remains empty, no matter how much time passes. No one shows up, but there will still be sims walking by, none of them are the suspect in question and when asked if they've seen the suspect they respond with "sorry, I haven't seen anyone matching that description."

I tried to see if my game was doing that thing where it was giving me the wrong APB clues, and started trying to arrest the passerby, but obviously, that didn't work. In the end, I got so fed up that I ended up just quitting my save. I've also tried taking that sim out of their current save and starting them on a fresh save with no mods, but still got the same result, no sims at the venue. So I have no idea what's going on. :-/ 

Message 5 of 15 (2,508 Views)

Hero
@halloweenchild13 and you have sims on the lot normally if you don't go there as detective ? Like if you go to a park, Sims spawn ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,501 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@crinrict Yep, NPC sims turn up/spawn after travelling to the APB location when not at work.
Message 7 of 15 (2,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@halloweenchild13 It could be the other issue escalated to no Sims now. 

Thanks for the report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (2,453 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It's a very strange issue indeed, here's hoping it'll be fixed soon or there'll be a walkaround. 

You're welcome. Standard smile 

Message 9 of 15 (2,419 Views)

Re: [GTW] No Sims After Issuing APB (Detective Career)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having a similar issue where sometimes there are no sims on the lot, sometimes there is just one sim on the lot that does not at all fit the description. Same thing where the other sims in the world that eventually come in all say they "haven't seen anyone like that" and well lol me neither but it makes it kinda impossible to advance in the career. I've tried issuing an APB several times and same thing every time. I know there was a bug like this years ago that was fixed, but I think I might be seeing something similar.

Message 10 of 15 (2,341 Views)