[GTW] Minor outfit bug - Sim won't wear glasses to work and other issues

by salkanat

Original Post

[GTW] Minor outfit bug - Sim won't wear glasses to work and other issues

★★★★★ Novice

Kind of trivial but still annoying; My scientist Sim won't wear his glasses when he switches to his work outfit.

I've tried planning outfit and changing appearance while wearing the scientist clothes - I can't interact with the work outfit to put the glasses back on. I've seen similar issues reported on forums about the detective career outfit.

I may be missing something. I know it's minor but the fact that my sim, who wears glasses in all his other outfits, won't wear glasses at work is kind of immersion breaking - especially since I'm actively playing him at work now. He would wear his glasses in all his previous non-GTW careers.

Also, the only way to change into a work outfit at one of the new active job lots is via the shower. You can't select work outfit from the Sim menu or dressers. This is kind of strange considering their is a fitness area on the second level of the science lab - with objects that necessitate outfit changes.

If there was an option for Sims to edit and change into their work outfit, this really wouldn't be an issue.

Thanks for your time

Message 1 of 10 (3,349 Views)

Re: [GTW] Minor outfit bug - Sim won't wear glasses to work and other issues

Hero

Not sure if I understand you right. These are glasses they usually wear on other outfits, not glasses that are supposed to come with higher level scientist ? So it's glasses you gave them in CAS and want them to wear as well as scientist ? 

If so, really can't say if that is a bug or on purposes since work outfits are usually their own outfits which can't be changed as you said yourself (and yes, I saw that it works for other work outfits but maybe it's just different for the active careers). Did you see anybody that wear glasses ?

Mine change back fine after using the fitness studio. Do yours not do that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,326 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm referring to the glasses the Sim wears everyday. When he switches to his Lab Technician outfit, he is no longer wearing those glasses or any glasses. I don't think it's on purpose as this is not an issue for me with other career outfits I played before GTW.

So the problem is that they are not continuing to wear their glasses when they switch to the lab technician outfit in this instance and there is no way to edit the outfit to put them back on. I came across a forum which reported a similar issue with the Detective but offered no solution.

I haven't seen other Sims at the Lab wearing glasses but that just might be incidental.

Message 3 of 10 (3,323 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have also had an issue similar to this where, my sims wears crazy makeup to her doctor career.

Message 4 of 10 (3,284 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I'm also experiencing this, however I don't think it was introduced with GTW, none of my sims that wear glasses would ever wear them with their previous careers outfits (business, culinary etc)
Message 5 of 10 (3,277 Views)

★★★ Pro

I don't know if this is a bug but it happens for all careers I believe.  Here is a picture of my Sim who is in the detective career.

Everyday:

Spoiler
03-21-16_4-27-52 PM.png

Detective Career Outfit:

Spoiler
03-21-16_4-27-39 PM.png
Message 6 of 10 (2,798 Views)

Hero

Career outfits have gotten a lot better.

I wouldn't necessarily classify this as a bug.

Maybe something to give feedback on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,789 Views)

★ Guide

Digging this up as it seems to be the only relevant thread (unless I missed a newer one, bear with me, new to the forum):

Could we maybe get a checkbox in CAS to say 'wear glasses with all outfits' so they'd only be removed automatically for sleeping outfits (unless set to be worn) and job outfits that don't come with other glasses?

(wasn't that an option back in sims 2 or 3? or am I mixing things up?)

Message 8 of 10 (1,366 Views)

Hero
@MeltingPenguins Best of you post in the general discussion section as feedback. And yes, that thread is very old.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,348 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all. 

Since this is a very old thread I went ahead and locked it. If you need some help with an issue like this please create a new thread. 

Thank you!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 10 of 10 (1,325 Views)