by strawberrisim

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Mannequin can not use unlocked outfits

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get Together (2015) The Sims 4: City Living (2016) The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs (2017) The Sims 4: Seasons (2018) The Sims 4: Get Famous (2018) The Sims 4: Island Living (2019) The Sims 4: Discover University (2019) The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle (2020) The Sims 4: Snowy Escape (2020) The Sims 4: Cottage Living (2021) The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat (2015) The Sims 4: Spa Day (2015) The Sims 4: Dine Out (2016) The Sims 4: Vampires (2017) The Sims 4: Parenthood (2017) The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure (2018) The Sims 4: StrangerVille (2019) The Sims 4: Realm of Magic (2019) The Sims 4: Star Wars: Journey to Batuu (2020) The Sims 4: Dream Home Decorator (2021) The Sims 4: My Wedding Stories (2022) The Sims 4: Holiday Celebration Pack (2014, free) The Sims 4: Luxury Party (2015) The Sims 4: Perfect Patio (2015) The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen (2015) The Sims 4: Spooky (2015) The Sims 4: Movie Hangout (2016) The Sims 4: Romantic Garden (2016) The Sims 4: Kids Room (2016) The Sims 4: Backyard (2016) The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour (2016) The Sims 4: Bowling Night (2017) The Sims 4: Fitness (2017) The Sims 4: Toddler (2017) The Sims 4: Laundry Day (2018) The Sims 4: My First Pet (2018) The Sims 4: Moschino (2019) The Sims 4: Tiny Living (2020) The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting (2020) The Sims 4: Paranormal (2021)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a mannequin and put some of the unlocked carrier outfits on it
What happens when the bug occurs? the carrier outfits disappear
What do you expect to see? carrier outfits on the mannequin
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. the one we got yesterday, there should fix the mannequin crash.

I hope I am doing this right because I have never reported a bug before.

I have for a long time used carrier outfits I have unlocked, on mannequins so that I as a player have a reason to buy outfits. 

But now the unlocked clothes disappear from the mannequin. they will stay when I first make it, but if I make multiple outfits, they disappear are not available, for other mannequins, if I go into creating on a different mannequin the unlocked clothes disappear, and it also disappears if I re-stock. 

As this has not happened in the past I assume it is a bug, and hopefully not a new thing for sims, that you can not use unlocked clothes for mannequins. 

you can see in the pictures my old saved room. with some mannequins with unlocked carrier outfits, and me putting it down where the clothes disappear. I hope this is an easy solved problem, and I dont have to wait years for it to be fixed. thank you in advance EA. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (2,299 Views)

Re: [GTW] Mannequin can not use unlocked outfits

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@line123462 try the unlocked CAS parts mod! 

[CM - Edited to remove link. Please do not link directly to any mods.]

Message 2 of 5 (2,093 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just discovered this bug, and I am pretty upset about it. It had only recently occurred to me that if you used them to sell CAS unlockables, mannequins and clothing stores wouldn't be completely pointless. And I had put some serious effort into creating a mountain gear shop where I could sell the climbing suit! Maxis, please fix!

Message 3 of 5 (1,533 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes maxis please do fix it. it gives shopping a much more interesting reason to be there. as you actually can get locked items. instead of just buying already existing cas items

Message 4 of 5 (1,507 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem but I also discovered that if the outfits stay, the sim trying them on don't have the same clothes as the mannequin and buying the outfit doesn't allow them to have the unlocked outfit and the game randomize any outfit instead

Message 5 of 5 (728 Views)