[GTW] Jail door is actually a wall

by Screech666

Original Post

[GTW] Jail door is actually a wall

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The reward items that you unlock when you reach the lvl 3 in detective career are the following:

1. The Impenetrable

2. Single Serving Justice Dispenser.

1. The Impossible

2. Jaded Cell Depository.

1.The "Don't even try".

2. Holey Door of Holding.

According to their descriptions the number "1" are jail walls and the "2" are door. The "doors" are not actually doors. They look exactly the same as the walls. Also the "doors" are not interactable with. 

The doors should be interactable with otherwise it's not even useful to have two items that have a different description but are in fact the same item.

My guess is that the doors are not referenced to the correct database item in the game. So instead of calling the "doors" it recalls the "walls". Which could create that other issue that everybody seems to have that the "Activities and Skills" section remain yellow as there is something new in it. Which would be the "doors" we can't click on them because they are not there.

Message 1 of 30 (6,124 Views)

Re: [GTW] Jail door is actually a wall.

Hero

Afaik the doors and walls are just decoration outside the police station.

You can't use them as doors and walls in your home lot.

Or is this the police station you're talking about ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 30 (6,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not talking about the police station. I'm talking about the items you unlock in the Police Career for the buy/build mode. Here's a screenshots of the items I'm talking about.

http://imgur.com/N6t07Gl

Here's a better close-up. On this one you can clearly see that both items are exactly the same. There is 3 different heights possible and it's the same for all 3.

http://imgur.com/PQCUZ0m

Message 3 of 30 (6,089 Views)

Hero

Yes, they're decoration

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 30 (6,081 Views)

★ Guide

Ok if they are decorations, why are they listed under "Activities and Skills"? This doesn't make sense because sims cannot interact with them at all and it's not related to any skills.

Message 5 of 30 (6,058 Views)

Hero

Don't know

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 30 (6,049 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This is odd.  My guess is that maybe they were originally intended to be functional doors but didn't have the animations added and didn't get categorized properly.  I can add this to our list of "Bug or Feature" questions over on the Build Mode Feedback thread.

Message 7 of 30 (6,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@BryonyRae

sad isn't when we can't use something like this..however though one workaround i did use was  place the  impossible "walls" aptly named don't you think lol BUT i used the be prepared security gate (must use moo for that gate  ) funny side of it is the sim can use the gate to enter and exit but one sees the bars from the impossible walls when the gate is opened

edit smiliey ended up in mOops     <like that

Message 8 of 30 (6,002 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Clever workaround!  Sorry it came to needing one, but that's a good one.  Will have to try it myself!

Message 9 of 30 (5,990 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@BryonyRae 

yes but at least i have a workaround for it and i hope for others too  (and we or i should say i thought TS3 had it's challenges xD )  i hope it works for you too Standard smile

quick vid of one i tried in another game to make sure it works and you'll what i mean by when the gate is opening/closing one see the bars but for me that is a non issue as it works for me

be secure gate

Message 10 of 30 (5,986 Views)