Re: Get To Work: Missing Cell Door

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: [GTW] Jail door is actually a wall

★ Guide

@crinrict I don't know if this will help or not, but the game file I sent you has a level 10 detective in it.  I received those items.  I did sell them but they are unlocked in the buy menu now.  Maybe you would be able to check them out in that game.

I was planning on building a prison ( there is a prison challenge someone posted) but sadly you have to be on the Sim that got the rewards to use them.  I thought that once they were unlocked that they would be available in all your games. Lol silly me. 

Message 21 of 30 (2,668 Views)

Hero

Thanks but I have a Level 10 detective myself.

Didn't have time to play yet as I had to test Unravel :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 30 (2,666 Views)

★★★ Pro

On which level are they supposed to be unlocked ?

They are supposed to be unlocked at level 3 of the Detective career.  When you Sim becomes a Corporal.  They do unlock, the issue is the doors are not the correct mesh.

The ones in buydebug ? 

Yes.

And how do you know if they don't have a name ?

I posted the pictures showing the the real doors don't have a name already.  I don't want the flood the thread with the same pictures over and over again.  What else do you need? 

I will also post this in the thread dealing with text errors in case it is an actual text error.

Message 23 of 30 (2,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

A dev to give me a definite answer on this as I was told that it's working as intended

Also, I tried but my old eyes are not actually able to read the text on your pictures. It's all a blur.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 30 (2,649 Views)

★★★ Pro

It must be a textual error then.  Before, when I made the original post, the jail doors appeared like so in debug:

original.png

Today, when I checked, they appeared like this in debug:

Spoiler
02-23-16_7-18-04 AM.png02-23-16_7-18-26 AM.png02-23-16_7-18-36 AM.png02-23-16_7-18-50 AM.png02-23-16_7-18-58 AM.png02-23-16_7-19-07 AM.png

Since the added the description to the doors in debug, I am think it must just be a textual error.  I made a report on this in the thread that is on textual errors.

Message 25 of 30 (2,625 Views)

Hero

OK.

I do believe the non-debug ones are also weird categorized in the activity tab but other than that, I don't see a bug.

Let's settle for a text error for now and hope that either something is done about it or we get some kind of statement.

:D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 30 (2,622 Views)

★★★ Pro

Here is the official solution for this issue:

@SimGuruRusskii wrote:
Actually it is not a bug. This is flavor text since they look like jail cell doors or jail cell walls so to speak. Object text has a lot of flavor and most times you can't take then literal unless we explicitly say so.

I do appreciate the feedback though, will make notes for future objects.

Thanks much!

Message 27 of 30 (2,603 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I still have trouble with that explanation, because why then would they essentially create two identical objects for each wall height but with different descriptions, two of which explicitly claim to be doors?  Not that it's a big deal, but it seems obvious to me that a mistake was made somewhere between intention and implementation.

Message 28 of 30 (2,598 Views)

★★ Novice

This is still a problem. There should be a working door for this otherwise why have the walls....

Message 29 of 30 (1,843 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Sims 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 30 of 30 (1,815 Views)