Re: [GTW] Ghost Serum

by crinrict

Original Post

[GTW] Ghost Serum

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

OK so I created my household in the sims 4 and when I was able to make the ghost goo serum from the get to work expansion pack my sim took it and then I went to work with my sim. After work the serum effects were supposed to be done but my sim has been a ghost since

Message 1 of 7 (1,849 Views)

Re: Get to work Ghost Serum

Hero

Are you using mods ? Have you tried moving the SIm out and back in via manage household ?

How long did you wait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,837 Views)

★ Apprentice

Something similar has happened to (friends of) my Scientist Sims ( I have two households with Scientists, one has a clone of himself in the same career).

They've crafted the Ghost Goo serum and tested them on other sims coming to visit or during social events. When the serum worked, the 2 test subjects turned into ghosts, but once they left the party/lot in ghost state, they do not return to their normal state. They are dead for all intents and purposes:

- I can visit their homes (both live with a living spouse, each in their own household)

- They can be asked "what it is like being dead"

- They can be befriended at their homes, but not called for a chat, invited on a date or party.

- I've tried making ambrosia at their house, but they did not choose to eat it - they took food from the fridge. 

One of the test subjects is a townie who married into my original sim household before becoming a ghost, the other was an original sim I created.

Other tests where the Ghost Goo Serum worked, but the effects dissipated before the end of the visit/party left the Sims unaltered. It seems to me that if the sim leaves the active lot before the end of the serum's effect, the effect becomes permanent. 

(I use Origin with DeLuxe & Get To Work, no mods or cheats.) 

Message 3 of 7 (1,669 Views)

Hero

Did you try switching active families to that family with the ghost ? What happens ?

Would you be willing to share that save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves, upload to mediafire or dropbox and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,663 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've PM'd you the link.

Further info I've included in the PM, but might be useful for other people encountering this problem:

- The scientist sims feeding the Ghost Goo serums were all home made Sims testing out the serums at their own lot. The test subjects left the lot and stayed Ghosts.

- Both of the affected Sims can still be played as characters. They have a face-icon, inventory, whims and needs and a job. I don't play with ghosts very often, but I suppose they're not supposed to be playable if they died during the game.

- Their simology states one died of Embarrassment, and the other died of Fire, but I am sure they were both fed Ghost Goo and never switched back because they left the active lot before the potion lost its effects. They were probably fed during a party or other social visit, and certainly no fires happened (not sure about embarrassing situations though.)

- When one of the Ghost Sims ate Ambrosia, he reverted back to his normal self. (I had previously cooked Ambrosia with a visiting Sim and he didn't eat it, so cooking this in the Ghost's household is best, since you can't Call to Meal on Ambrosia.)

There is a workaround and the situation can be fixed, just like any ghost situation in the Sims, but it's weird nonetheless.

Message 5 of 7 (1,658 Views)

Message 6 of 7 (691 Views)

Hero
@canelacaliente Rule of thumbs: If it's an old thread without template, please make a new thread.

Seems there's a new thread for this already as you say yourself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (670 Views)