[GTW] Error Code 102:<various numbers> when travelling as detective

by Twisty2236

Original Post

Re: sims 4 error code 102 in detective career

Hero
@KATHYLEE10893 Yes, they're log files of errors happening. They are interesting for troubleshooting but since you have multiple it's unclear what's relevant for this error. So, delete them and see if the error creates new ones.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 110 (831 Views)

★ Apprentice

I took a photo of my files. I will try to share it here. I deleted them & loaded my game. Went to work & did not get the chance to leave, because it prompted me to do a whole bunch of work on the computer. At the end of my shift it said +500 to household funds, but would not let Ace leave the lot to go home! Or on patrol or anywhere. At this exact same moment his wife is going into labor. So I switched my control to her. I get an orange Alert that there is a fire in the house, it is an invisible fire in the living room, that I cannot see. Pregnant Sim is freaking out, after it is put out, living room cleaned, I can finally click on Ace's icon & say "bring Ace Here." When I do I get a new notification saying By doing this the current event is interrupted?!? Then Ace returns home, meets his new baby. I check his career panel & it's completely blank. Usually if unemployed  there is a button that says "join a career." I have no idea what's going on with this household. I'm not going to save any of that, I will try to go back to where I left off. Holy moley!!

Message 32 of 110 (816 Views)

Hero
@KATHYLEE10893 Yeah, just try again.

I would need the actual content of the file. You can delete the ones you have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 110 (804 Views)

★ Apprentice

I Left without saving, cleared everything, deleted all the files that are safe to delete. Went on to origin hit update, repair. Tried it again. Everything is going smooth this time, I tested patrol, and I tested APB to arrest subject. Seems good so far! Thanks for all the help!

Message 34 of 110 (793 Views)

Hero
@KATHYLEE10893 That's good to hear. Hope it stays that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 35 of 110 (769 Views)

★ Apprentice

Unfortunately I received the error code again. And If I hit the stay late button then the Sim cannot leave the police station at all. So I give up on it. I'm guessing it's because before this character was in the detective career there were 2 others (his parents) that worked there, all within this one saved game. And also some characters around town were auto-filled in as positions there. His lifetime is almost up now, so I'm just going to give up on trying to correct it.

Message 36 of 110 (757 Views)

[GTW] Error Code 102:<various numbers> when travelling as detective

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except werewolves and Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play active detective career on Xbox one and try “traveling to crime scene” or “apb”
What happens when the bug occurs? It would load then fail and send me back to manage worlds
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to finish loading and to take my sim to their destination
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Please release a bug fix update!! It’s been a while since we had a patch!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 37 of 110 (2,058 Views)

Re: Sims 4 fails to load while playing active detective career

Hero
@Twisty2236 Do you remember what lot you were travelling to ? Does it happen for all of them ? There's other reports for error codes in the detective career such as this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GTW-Error-Code-102-200569d9-when-issuing-APB-at-Oasis-Spring/t...

It's a different number though but you being on console could account for them being different.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 110 (1,093 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict Hi, this would happen no matter what lot my sims are traveling to. I don’t know why it’s doing this but it’s definitely annoying. At first I thought it only did it for doing “ apb” missions but yesterday it did it when I was “traveling to crime scene” 

Message 39 of 110 (1,087 Views)

Hero
@Twisty2236 There's another thread that sounds similar here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-fails-to-load-when-playing-doctor-or-detective-careers/m-...

Do you have issues with other active careers if you have to travel as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 110 (1,044 Views)