Re: [GTW] Doctor Career is completely borked

by Argh_Not_My_Face

Original Post

Champion

@Cinthilaa wrote:

I've been looking for a mod improving the doctor career for weeks but there's none out there... Terrible really !

Anyways, If you're working on a mod and I can help in ANY WAY, let me know! I actually can't mod but I can test lol

Since you're looking for one, I already made one for myself just to make playing doctors more fun. Links to mods aren't allowed here on AHQ, so if you are interested, I posted a thread about it on the offical Sims forums under the Gameplay Mods section called "Better Hospital Staff".

Message 11 of 19 (1,053 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Oh cool ! I looked it up and found it quite easily!

I was about to ask what at does it do with the staff exactly, but you've answered that with your brilliantly detailed introduction! 

I'll try it out this evening and give you a feedback Standard smile 

Cheers, I'm actually excited to see how they check in patients autonomously, perform test and stuff.Plus my sim is at level 8 so she won't have to do any orderly stuff. By the way, the orderly is an extra staff? Because I think my sim already has 3 colleagues and one of them mostly does beds, cleaning and not much repairing..

Message 12 of 19 (1,032 Views)

Champion
There are always four staff at the hospital - the assistant at the reception, an orderly to tidy beds and clean, a nurse to attend patients and a doctor to do diagnosis.

Your active sim just replaces one of them depending on level - at low levels, you replace the orderly and there's an NPC nurse and doctor. At mid levels, you replace the nurse and there's an NPC orderly and doctor. at high levels, you are the doctor and there's an NPC orderly and nurse.
Message 13 of 19 (1,019 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you so much for this mod. I actually stopped playing the doctor career because it was so frustrating that the NPC's were blocking my sim all the time. I recently let my active sim quit her job as a doctor. So thank you for this mod. I will try again.

Message 14 of 19 (1,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@simvasion Except the only one that tries to do their job is the orderly vanilla. Nurse just idle chats, doctor endlessly uses the lab and PC, and receptionist just sits there looping animations.I'll defintely check that mod out!

Message 15 of 19 (986 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And you'll be quite happy with it! It's honestly a game changer! First of all, patients no longer leave because the orderly checks them in, as well as does beds when patients are treated, and fixes things!

Doctors are still sort of annoying because they might decide to diagnose the patient you wanted to diagnose (I know I select patients who show clear symptoms so that I make less wrong diagnosis), so what I do is a call them so they leave the room (I also have the mod - can't remember what it's called - to call sims from further away so I can literally be on the other side of the lot and call someone).

Message 16 of 19 (955 Views)

★ Guide

The game should automatically purge households (like mothers with babies) you never play when the count hits a certain number. My game kept sending Jesminder Bheeda to the ER to have babies, and she had twins when I opened the household.

All annoying things, but you can get around them by distracting the coworkers (tell a joke, for example, then cancel the action as soon as the doctor leaves the machine or the nurse leaves the patient). Nonetheless, I think I'm going to try out that Better Doctors mode. It looks fun.

Message 17 of 19 (930 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's so frustrating to play a Doctor career and have patients leave while you're still trying to fit all the tasks of examining patients into your day. I might actually give this mod a try some day!

Message 18 of 19 (903 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I haven't played the doctor career in a while, but the random townies having kids has nothing to do with pregnant sims, that used to be a system to make sure the patient was a mix between kids, teens young adults and elders.  You would only get a pregnant sim if it was an emergency and you need to be at the proper career level to get a pregnant sim.  The way it used to work is the pregnant sim would come you had to take them to the machine, the would give birth and the baby would disappear.  The reason why they changed it is so when a Doctor in the house goes into labor at the hospital she can't be a patient so she has to exit the hospital during her shift and if she comes back during her shift there is no doctor at the hospital to deliver the baby because the game still thinks she is at work.  Even though I never really experienced that bug it has happened to others.  Also there was another bug where if the pregnant sim worked at the hospital and was not a doctor but one of the other lower levels and went into labor at the hospital she would have to leave and come back and if during work hour the doctor would be there and the pregnancy would happen, but because it was during the sims work hours they came would think it was a pregnancy emergency for the npc doctor and when the mother came home the bady was never born and never returned home and the mother was stuck in labor.

Edit: I also have forgot to add that if the only doctor available for the doctor career was in the same household of the sim that is pregnant, when the sim is pregnant the Doctor would not show up because especially during work hours, because only one family member is allowed to be at hospital during work day, and even worse if the person was invited to come to your pregnancy.  Also pregnant sims that have the baby in the hospital without the proper pregnancy machine can't leave the hospital with the baby and it will never be added to the family.  That is the reason they made it a real pregnancy.

Message 19 of 19 (875 Views)