by LexTheSuperior

Original Post

[GTW] Detective: Suspect stands up during interrogation and resets progress

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EPs: all up until July 2022; GP: vampires, werewolves, dream home decorator, realm of magic, parenthood, jungle adventure, dine out; SP: tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You start working as a detective, bring in a suspect and start interrogating them
What happens when the bug occurs? I start the interrogation but the suspects stands up and sits down again after 2-3 interactions or 2/3 in the interrogation bar (cannot tell which one). This resets the interrogation progress. I tried not queueing up tasks but it still happens. I disabled autonomy, but this still happens. I cheated the needs up (so they wouldnt leave because of a toilet break or something similar), still the same result.
What do you expect to see? I expect the suspect to stay put during the interrogation so that I can complete the interrogation minigame and have a chance to fill the bar.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Interrogations are needed for arrests, and to close a case in the detective career. Due to this bug I cannot complete the requirement for the promotion ("close 5 cases") which renders the whole detective career and thus a major part of the pack completely unusable.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title a bit

Message 1 of 4 (3,267 Views)

Re: [GTW] [Detective] Suspect stands up during interrogation and resets progress

★★★ Pro

Have you suspect a like or dislike in décor ?

I know sims can cancel the interrogation because they need to admire the deco. I had these problem with one of my suspects. In vanilla I had to wait that my suspect walk to the furniture and clap with hands (yes, it’s stupid) after that I could finish the case.

You write that you used mods, I would recommend that you try “zero no reaction to décor ” (just google it) and show if the suspect still gets up. If it works, then you know why your suspect get up.

Message 2 of 4 (3,218 Views)

Re: [GTW] [Detective] Suspect stands up during interrogation and resets progress

★★★★ Novice

Thanks!

Honestly, I'm not sure if it's the decor because they literally don't do anything just stand up and sit down, so no thought bubble, no extra action.Additionally, the only thing in the room is the table, two chairs and a table light (it's not a customized lot). I'll follow up on this though and will try zero's mod, fingers crossed and thank you again for the recommendation.

In addition to my original post:

I have tried both with and without mods, and the result is the same. I filed the bug report as non-modded because I wanted to be a step ahead of a solution recommending turning mods off. Here's exactly what's happening on video (with mods & CC)*:

* I hope the video plays, this is my first time embedding one

Message 3 of 4 (3,157 Views)

Re: [GTW] Detective: Suspect stands up during interrogation and resets progress

★★★ Newbie
@realnotmeltorme I reset the sim that was standing up each time and it finally worked. I also kept 2 or 3 future interactions while the interrogation was happing. Hope this helps. I also have mods and the reset sim helped. (Hold shift and click on sim option should say “reset sim (debug)”.
Message 4 of 4 (2,441 Views)