Re: GTW Detective: Workday do not stop. Sim trapped at work. An error occurs.

by crinrict

Original Post

[GTW] Detective: Stay late gets Sim stuck at work/ 102:2a2bf122

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Español
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.81.72.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but: Get Famous, Cottage Living, Batuu, Home decorator, Knitting, Laundry, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the Detective Career, choose to stay late at work.
What happens when the bug occurs? I choose to stay late at work then I try to travel to a Crime Scene: I was banned from the world and an error occurred: 102:2a2bf122:ff84d4bb. I quit the game. I got back to the game. To liberate my detective I played with another household. Then I played again with the detective: this time I choose again to stay late but did not try to travel to the Crime Scene. The workday was off but my sim was trapped: I click the button to go out earlier, nothing. It is the same bug that happen with Paranormal career when you can not resume the challenge. I feel that the first error was triggered because I was trapped at work without knowing it and I try to travel to a Crime Scene.
What do you expect to see? That the workday ends and my sim can go back home, even if a choose to stay late at work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The issue only happen if you choose to stay late at work. If I not choose to stay at work, the game works perfectly.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 6 (818 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@osiazul Do you have any lastExceptions with this ?

Sounds like a variant of this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-GTW-Sim-can-t-go-home-from-active-career-lot-stuck...

Did you play any scenarios ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (767 Views)

★★ Guide

Hi @crinrict oh I forgot about the LE, I will give them to you: I have two.

No, I have not played any scenarios.

BTW weeks ago I played my scientist and I have any issues at all. Maybe I will go and play it now just to know if the scenarios patch is the culprit.

My detective is new, but still in the same old save. Also I never have this issue before, like never!!!

Message 3 of 6 (681 Views)

Hero
@osiazul Since Nick asked for saves on the other thread that's similar, could you send him this ? Just make sure to give him links to both threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (655 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks @crinrict I already send both of you a message with the link to share my save.

I hope everything is ok Wink

Message 5 of 6 (607 Views)

Hero
@osiazul Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (576 Views)