Re: [GTW] Detective:Losing suspect if can't finish interrogation on 1 work day

by crinrict

Original Post

[GTW] Detective:Losing suspect if can't finish interrogation on 1 work day

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except JtB
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For me it occurs in a household with two sims on the detective career. I have been accompanying both to work every once in a while. So detective career -> APB -> arrest a suspect.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you issue APB and take the suspect to the station they sometimes won't be there when you next return to work. So atm if I don't plan really carefully the work day I might lose all progress so far with the suspect. Though I can issue a new APB, it again sets my progress back and I might not have time (even if you stay late) to get the interrogation done in one work day.
What do you expect to see? The suspect kept locked up until I return to work next day!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a hunch that this might be involved with the fact that the two detectives are/were on the same household and it messed up something at the police station. I have since ceased to play with one of them at work but haven't moved them out since I really enjoy the household as it is. Would there be a possibility that moving them to different households could still solve this issue?

Message 1 of 4 (507 Views)

Hero
@adduapina Try to just follow one of them to work for the time being and see if the issue persists. There have been complaints where the suspect wasn't at the station the next day so it might just be that and has nothing to do with alternating between two Sims.

So:

1. Follow A to work on
2. Do your case but don't interrogate suspect even if you have the time
3. Go home
4. Follow A to work the next day as well
5. Check if suspect is still there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (493 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict
Thank you for your reply.
That's what I have been doing lately (only following one of them to work) but the issue persists occasionally. I'm gonna try later on if moving the detevtives to separate households would solve the issue. Will return to report the results.
Message 3 of 4 (484 Views)

Hero
@adduapina Have you been able to solve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 4 (440 Views)