by ThatCraigGirl

Original Post

[GTW] Case Assignment changes Next Day when Day ended at Crime Scene

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.84.197.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I cannot list them all. Bowling, fame, city life, some fancy dress up stuff, tiny living, get to work, snowy thingies, kitchen cottage whatever, and many more. The full list can be found in my account in your app.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Become a police officer. Start a crime scene. Have your work day end while you're at the crime scene. Next morning, when you come in, you are automatically assigned a new crime and told to go investigate the crime scene. I have 2 witness statements, 9 evidence samples, and 10 photos from my originally assigned case. I had enough to work with. Now, I guess I have to throw all of that out and start all over again, or else I will have evidence from the wrong crime scene. Also, after I solve a crime and file my reports, all of the evidence should disappear out of my inventory, but it does not. If I do not clean it out by hand before starting a new case, it just piles up.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just told you when it occurs by describing how you can reproduce it.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have the same case the next day. I should not have to return to head quarters to retain my case. Give me the option to return to the crime scene, but I should not be randomly assigned a new case. I did not take a new case. I have 2 witness statements, 9 evidence samples, and 10 photos from my originally assigned case. I had enough to work with. If I had felt I needed more, I should have the option to return to the crime scene.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't think I can provide more information. Why do I need to subscribe to replies? I am not seeking public opinion on this issue. This is clearly a bug. I expect this to be passed on to the development team, so that they can deal with this bug.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title to fit

Message 1 of 2 (211 Views)

Re: Random Change of Case Assignment Next Morning When Day Ended at Former Crime

★★★★ Apprentice

I just went back to the game, after searching the new crime scene, and it has the task again, or still, to travel to the crime scene. May I ask how many new cases my sim is being assigned at once? I have thoroughly searched the crime scene, and now have 3 witness statements and 10 each of pictures and evidence samples. So, why am I still being told to travel to the crime scene? I'm not going to do it, because it will just assign me ANOTHER case. The day didn't end. This game seems to be irrevocably broken. 

Message 2 of 2 (205 Views)