[GTW] Can't ring up customers

by NightWarrior1971

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[GTW] Can't ring up customers

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Issue

Young adult sim & teen sim go to work at their Retail business in Newcrest. Retail business has been running smoothly for several days, usually once per sim week. Running retail long enough to purchase “faster checkouts (large)” and “serious shopper” perks However now, after the household sim has used the retail interactions to raise the customers “bar” to the top, the customer no longer gets a blue “shopping trolley” symbol above their heads, but wave their arms around with a thought bubble containing an image of empty shelves, and a notification that says “What choice! What value! I’m ready to buy when you get a chance to ring me up.” But there is no option to ring the customer up when you click on them, only the normal retail interactions.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

As described above. Added collectables & paintings  to retail store, cleaned dirty shelves, then opened store and interacted with customers as I have done previously with no problems since starting the game when first purchased 16th September 2015 so about 9 days of heavy use!

When I tried a second time from previous saved game, the occasional cutomer would eventually have a blue shopping cart symbol above their head and my sim was finally able to ring up the sale.

Picture

[URL=http://s213.photobucket.com/user/Wilkes_ml/media/Sims%204%20bug%20images/retail%20bug%20image_zpschd...

Where does the bug occur?

Only have one saved game so far. Haven’t tested a new game yet. 

Mods/CC

Never used mods or custom content

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

Get to work

Occurring since

Not known. Only started since 25th September 2015

Operating system

Windows 10

Message 1 of 16 (25,608 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work, retail lots

★★★ Newbie

I wasn't sure if I was able to edit my original post...I think I have worked out the cause. the paintings I have for sale are above the shelves with the collectables on. I created a separate room for the paintings, with the collectables in the original room. All the customers now head straight for the paintings no problem at all and the "shopping trolly" symbol is now coming up straight away. Obviously, even though the pictures fitted on the wall above the collectables, the customers couldn't physically "reach" them to purchase them! They need a new notification saying that the customer cannot access the goods. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (27,990 Views)

All Replies

Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work, retail lots

★★★ Newbie

I wasn't sure if I was able to edit my original post...I think I have worked out the cause. the paintings I have for sale are above the shelves with the collectables on. I created a separate room for the paintings, with the collectables in the original room. All the customers now head straight for the paintings no problem at all and the "shopping trolly" symbol is now coming up straight away. Obviously, even though the pictures fitted on the wall above the collectables, the customers couldn't physically "reach" them to purchase them! They need a new notification saying that the customer cannot access the goods. 

Message 2 of 16 (27,991 Views)

Re: [GTW] Can't ring up customers

★★★★★ Newbie

I tried saving it three times, and it STILL won't show up a little shopping cart! Is it because of the specific retail buisness???????? Please reply/help me!!!!!!!!

Message 3 of 16 (25,489 Views)

Hero

What did you save three times ? Do they want to buy something ? What kind of business do you run ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (25,479 Views)

★★★ Novice

My sims retail business has been active for a long time and the business is worth over $200,000. All of a sudden the blue shopping cart does not appear over the customers' heads but the notification that they're ready to buy appears over and over. I have no option to ring up customers because the shopping cart isn't there. I repaired my game and went back in but have the same result. I bulldozed the lot, then plopped down the bakery again – I had it saved to my gallery ages ago. I was able to ring up 2 customers, then the problem began again. I do have mods installed – they've been installed for a year. It seems the June patch could possibly be the reason. Don't know what to do, as I don't want to have my sims buy another business and start from scratch. I may have to revert to an earlier save of the game and will have lost a ton of stuff. Any other suggestions???

Message 5 of 16 (24,860 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Do you have any mods in your game ?

I have no issues on my own retail lot.

For testing purposes also try selling the lot and re-buying.

You will loose perk points. Any money you loose can be cheated back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 16 (24,844 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue now with my bakery which my family has owned for 11 generations. Now the customers want to purchase but the blue shopping cart won't appear. I've closed the store and sold it, reopened it, same thing. I just bulldozed the lot and replaced it, still the same. I have played it with all the same mods without any problems. This is, however, the first time going to the retail bakery after the most recent patch. Completely frustrating. Think I'll have the family sell it and forget about it. Very disappointing.

Message 7 of 16 (23,627 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ?  If so, please remove them

See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (23,622 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I only had 1 broken mod in my list and 1 bad CC. Thanks for taking so much of your time to compile the list of broken cc and mods. BTW I sold the bakery and had them buy a store on a different lot. It works perfectly. Maybe that lot is buggy?

Message 9 of 16 (23,614 Views)

Hero

You still have the same problem with the lot after removing the mod ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (23,612 Views)