Re: [GTW] Can't check out alien craters. No Interaction

by Jan_831

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[GTW] Can't check out alien craters. No Interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Here is another bug to report if you get the chance.  As a scientist your asked to check out the alien craters outside of the lab but there is no clickable way to complete this task, unless it is a phony task, but imo it is a waste of time since the request pops up repeatedly.

Message 1 of 8 (5,739 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Guide

I was having the same problem, but after searching on the forums I found out that the craters do not look like a traditional crater you would expect to see.  They look like a very small tree stump with green stuff oozing out of them.  When I clicked on it, the task was completed and I found an alien for the alien collection.

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (5,697 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@mchristy1963 Since your post was completely unrelated to the thread you posted in, I split it and made a new thread.

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (5,714 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for responding, absolutely not.  I fear mods after all the quarks with Sims 3 I had.

@mchristy1963 wrote:

Here is another bug to report if you get the chance.  As a scientist your asked to check out the alien craters outside of the lab but there is no clickable way to complete this task, unless it is a phony task, but imo it is a waste of time since the request pops up repeatedly.

Message 3 of 8 (5,701 Views)

★ Guide

I was having the same problem, but after searching on the forums I found out that the craters do not look like a traditional crater you would expect to see.  They look like a very small tree stump with green stuff oozing out of them.  When I clicked on it, the task was completed and I found an alien for the alien collection.

Message 4 of 8 (5,698 Views)

Hero

Tagging @mchristy1963 to see answer above.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 8 (5,695 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You're (sorry, grammar Nazi)

I agree, something about this interaction needs to be changed.  In other threads, folks have stated that the "craters" are really the stumps with green goo glimmering in them.  The stumps are remnants from collecting aliens, and don't seem to have any available interactions.  The formations that look more like craters, with the ladders and pipes in them, also full of green (liquid), have no interactions, either. 

I think that EA needs to either change the wording of the request or change the availability of actual craters to "search".  Otherwise, as stated in the previous post, it's a waste ... of space, since the daggone goal won't go away and allow for achievable goals to replace it!

Message 6 of 8 (4,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Jan_831 Same for me i couldn’t collect it because it was already collected 🤷🏽‍♀️
Message 7 of 8 (3,638 Views)

Hero
@Elpoe474 This thread is very old and it seems your issue is different.

You need to spend some time on the lot for collectibles to respawn so if it's already collected, you might need to wait awhile.

If that doesn't help, please create a new bug report.

Going to lock this one cause the thread is from 2015 and wasn't really a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (3,630 Views)