Re: Can't Interact With Mannequins (Get to Work)

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I checked the other stores in Magnolia Promenade--the mannequins work perfectly there. No elevation, just regular foundations. I moved a mannequin outside to double check if being inside the building had anything to do with it, and I still encountered the same error. 

Message 11 of 29 (805 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@FenReis44 Could you upload the lot where it doesn't work to the gallery and post the name here ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 29 (792 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Uploaded. "Beloved's Boutique" by wolf__sister__44.

Message 13 of 29 (779 Views)

Hero
@FenReis44 I'll check it out tomorrow.

Do check on today's patch if it makes a difference

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 29 (777 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @FenReis44 ,

We downloaded your lot and found the problem, your sim is not able go upstairs because the object (Houndstopper wallpiece) placed on the wall attached to stairs. I moved the object a bit higher and the sim was able to go upstairs. Make sure you are in "walls up view" to see the object hindering sim's way.

I am uploading a video here and few screenshots pointing the problem. please check and let me know.image (2).png

image (1).png

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 29 (755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Great, thank you! Did that fix the downstairs mannequins? 

Message 16 of 29 (734 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @FenReis44,

Yes I have personally verified after removing the object to little higher position I was able to interact with all mannequins including downstairs mannequins.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 29 (724 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruRitzy,

I just completely deleted those wall decorations. The mannequins still don't work. 

Message 18 of 29 (699 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello @FenReis44,

I removed the object and verified i am able to interact with all mannequins, is there any specific mannequin and interaction you are not able to perform? it would be really helpful if you could share the video of the issue you are facing after removing the decorative item.

I tried interacting with all mannequin after removing the decorative object, check the video out.

Incase the video uploaded below doesn't work check my videos in this forum, follow this link (https://answers.ea.com/t5/video/gallerypage/user-id/32354182). video name is Mannequins accessible in wilfsister44 lot.mp4

Message 19 of 29 (680 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi @SimGuruRitzy,

As you can see from this video, there's only one mannequin I can interact with. All the other actions cancel. This is my first time using the video record tool and uploading here, so please let me know if you need a video with any specific interaction. 

Message 20 of 29 (660 Views)