by NeuroticAnarchy

Original Post

[GTW] Birth at hospital: Receptionist not spawning/manning desk

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansions, realm, strange, jungle, parent, vamp, spa and outdoor game packs, paranormal, laundry, bowling, vintage, kids room, movie and spooky stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? have sim give birth at hospital. be mad about it.
What happens when the bug occurs? hospital workers just stand around. doing nothing. at all. after some time my sim autonomously started chatting up the doctor, I don't know if that made an actual difference, but the birth was carried out. short t-pose from the doctor. it was the same but worse in the t-posing when I had my mods deactivated directly after the update.
What do you expect to see? a fix
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. update 3/15/2022 to game version PC: 1.85.203.1030

this again...

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,806 Views)

Re: hospital birth staff does nothing

Hero
@NeuroticAnarchy The t-pose is a known issue. Please use this thread for that: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GTW-Doctor-Career-Surgery-Animation-broken-T-Posing/m-p/1...

This is for your Sim being pregnant and going to the hospital, not being a doctor yourself ?

By staff do you mean the doctor just stands outside and doesn't come in ? The receptionist not being at her place ? Could you give some more info on that ? Did you check your Sim in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (1,783 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

yes, I'm aware the t-pose is a known issue, I just thought I'd mention it. yes, the sim in question is not a doctor themselves. by staff I mean both the receptionist and the doctor, who both stood around quite a long time. I was unable to have my sim check in, since the receptionist never manned the desk.

I now realize that I didn't make clear that the t-pose was not the issue and it derailed my post.

[CM - merging consecutive posts together]

Message 3 of 11 (1,647 Views)

Hero
@NeuroticAnarchy Did you edit anything about the hospital ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (1,620 Views)

★★ Apprentice

nothing edited it's out-of-the-box and always has been in this save

Message 5 of 11 (1,600 Views)

Hero
@NeuroticAnarchy Do you currently have a pregnant Sim in your game ? If so, would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 11 (1,521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've reloaded an older version with the pregnancy in question and sent it to you (game not updated to new version yet. I could go back to the save without mods if necessary)

Message 7 of 11 (1,450 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@NeuroticAnarchy I'll test tomorrow.

EDIT: So I tested your save. The receptionist never even spawned for me. But the doctor was there and after I little while they started going into the surgery room and the Sim had twins.

If you have a receptionist you can check in and that usually makes the birth faster so I'd say the problem is that there's no receptionist spawning (or maybe they are stuck somewhere. I couldn't find one though)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 11 (1,446 Views)

★★ Apprentice

had another birth in the same save and both the receptionist and the doctor showed up. I didn't even see the receptionist going to their station, they were already there. definitely went a lot smoother. so, I guess it's fine for now. thanks for the help and investigation. I really appreciate it.

Message 9 of 11 (1,338 Views)

Hero
@NeuroticAnarchy That's good to hear. Wonder why they didn't show up/ go to the desk with the other pregnancy. In my experience they are usually already sitting there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 11 (1,314 Views)