The Sims 4 Get to Work Sound glitch/Error.

by SamVerey

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[GTW] Aliens without disguise are mute (alien babies, too)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I made a thread for this already but I guess it's at the wrong forum: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/Aliens-from-Get-to-Work-are-mute-moving-their-lips-but-no-sound/...

- I removed all mods

- deleted all cache files

- used the repair gamefiles option via Origin

- drivers are up to date

The issue: aliens are moving their lips but no sound can be heard. As soon as the alien sim is disguised, (s)he can be heard talking again. Right now, my disguised alien sim has an alien baby after being abducted. The baby is mute, too, btw. I just saw it crying soundlessly due to dirty diapers. It's kinda frustrating being able to play as an alien only to have them use their disguise 24/7 because of the sound issue.

Message 1 of 10 (1,227 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [GTW] Aliens without disguise are mute (alien babies, too)

Hero

• Aliens are now possible to hear when audio settings are set to Headphone, 5.1, or 7.1 Speaker settings. "Understanding Alien 1.0" is only available for a limited time however, so please call now, operators are standing by.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,168 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

I know there was SOMETHING about this. I just can't remember what the solution was.

• Did you remove the mods before starting the save game ?
  • If you start a new game for testing purposes, do you have the same issue ?

Remark: I removed your other thread

EDIT: Try this: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13481497/#Comment_13481497

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (1,202 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I changed the audio options from 5.1 to Stereo, I suddenly heard the alien Sim voices. D'oh!

I tried a new game and my save (without and with mods). Everything works like a charm after changing the audio output to Stereo. What a crazy bug. O_o

Thank you so much for your help! ^^

Message 3 of 10 (1,183 Views)

Re: [GTW] Aliens without disguise are mute (alien babies, too) [TO_ADD]

[ Edited ]
Hero

I'll be adding anyways cause it IS a bug, right

EDIT: Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (1,175 Views)

★ Guide

I have the same issue and I'm using the audio settings 7.1. 

Message 5 of 10 (1,112 Views)

Hero

Try playing around with the audio settings a bit. A user in the German forum said it worked for them if they pull the voices all the way down and then back up again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,105 Views)

The Sims 4 Get to Work Sound glitch/Error.

★★★★★ Novice

My Male sim had an Alien by being abducted, when the alien (Male Alien) aged up into the child, all his interactions, they work but no sound comes from him. If hes talking to another sim its like the human sim is talking to himself because the Alien child is mouthing but no sound when he talks. 

Message 7 of 10 (1,087 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work Sound glitch/Error.

★★★★★ Novice

All that when the Alien puts his disguise on his speech works just fine its just in his Alien form it doesn't work, he just mouths. 

Message 8 of 10 (1,073 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Get to Work Sound glitch/Error.

Hero

@SamVerey Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 10 (1,060 Views)

Hero

• Aliens are now possible to hear when audio settings are set to Headphone, 5.1, or 7.1 Speaker settings. "Understanding Alien 1.0" is only available for a limited time however, so please call now, operators are standing by.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,169 Views)