Re: CAS made Alien wiped out CAS made wife's memory for no reason

by Mysterious1564

Original Post

[OPEN] [GTW] Alien wiped out wife's memory for no reason

[ Edited ]

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work; Get Together: City Living; Seasons; Get Famous; Discover University; Outdoor Retreat; Spa Day; Dine Out; Parenthood; Luxury Party; Perfect Patio; Cool Kitchen; Spooky Stuff, Romantic Garden; Movie Hangout; Kids Room; Backyard; Vintage Glamour; Bowling Night; Fitness; Toddler, Laundry Day, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. This is the first time I've ever seen it.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is nothing saying they are married.
What do you expect to see? I expect to have my Sim couple still know each other when they go out on a date.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.72 and it still happens with custom content taken out

I sent my CAS made Alien and his human made in CAS wife out on a date for Love Day.  When they got to the venue, the wife had the "dazed" moodlet out of nowhere and didn't remember her own husband.  I tried the cheats in reddit and that didn't work.  I don't know how this happened or how to fix it.  I ended up quitting without saving.  Is there a fix for this since the ones listed in Reddit don't work?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (7,330 Views)

Hero
@33a62788206cbe4c428f72d33ec1bad7 Does the Sim have the goofball trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 19 (7,272 Views)

No.  None of them have that.

Message 3 of 19 (7,265 Views)

Hero
@33a62788206cbe4c428f72d33ec1bad7 What traits do they have ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 19 (7,262 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately, EA made the "Memory Erase" action a mischief action and not a mean action and sometimes it queues up improperly. The only vanilla fix I've found it to prevent it from autonomously taking over is to make sure alien Sims' mischief levels either stay at zero or one, and to avoid playful moodlets. You can cheat your alien Sim's mischief back down to one using "stats.set_skill_level major_mischief 1" or something along those lines. This is problematic since Sims will autonomously gain mischief skill with "troll forums", which tends to pop up for anyone who has a computer with a high fun score regardless of whether it makes in-game sense or not.

Both of the alien Sims I've played with long-term have autonomously attempted to memory wipe their spouses. I was able to catch the action in time for one and stop it (he was playful at the time), but didn't stop the other one since it seemed story-line appropriate (he was arguing with his wife). Both times the Sims had max friendship and max romantic relationships. For the successful attempt, the marriage was completely wiped out in addition to the relationship. This was before the traits update (a year ago), and neither Sim had the goofball trait - they were Romantic, Active, and Cheerful (one was a clone of the other, so same traits).

I think what would solve this would be if the team updated Aliens to have "Memory Erase" be mean instead of mischief, especially now that with the traits update goofball Sims are autonomously using mischief actions. A memory wipe isn't a prank, it's an attack.

Message 5 of 19 (7,248 Views)

I "fixed" it by exiting without saving, loading that same save, and going on the date again.  Luckily, the wife had no "dazed" moodlet and remembered her husband.  I must add that the wife originally got the "dazed" moodlet after the venue I had sent them to had loaded.  Before that, there was nothing.

Message 6 of 19 (7,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Once the alien's identity is known by the target sim they'll autonomously erase the target sim's memory of them. They'll even do it to other aliens. The only way to stop this from happening all together is a mod or you could watch every interaction your alien is about to do autonomously with his wife.

@onemorekayaker I agree with you on the social being an attack and not a prank.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 7 of 19 (7,217 Views)

Re: [GTW] Alien wiped out wife's memory for no reason

★★ Guide

For real though they need to get rid of “memory erase” as a mischief interaction because it’s very annoying. They’ll memory erase out of no where when talking to a good friend. Fair warning don’t make a goofball alien because your chances of memory erase are higher after the recent trait update. They use mischief way too much.

Message 8 of 19 (7,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just here to anecdotally confirm that goofball aliens are worse. This one's done it to her wife twice in one game session. -_-  

Edited to add: Other suggestion with this--can we not erase their freaking marriages??? Make it a mean thing and not erase the marriage. 

Editing again to add some more: She just did it again, and I'm cheating her mischief back to nothing. Three times in one sitting is a bit much.

Message 9 of 19 (6,949 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had this happen too.. 

You can disable the "Erase Memory" autonomous action by using MCCC.

MC Command Center (deaderpool-mccc.com)

I disabled it by triggering the action with a big distance between the 2 sims, and disabled it using the currently running scan feature in MCCC.

Message 10 of 19 (6,791 Views)