by ar412942ggg19a

Original Post

[GTW] Alien's appearance becomes disguise

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? I don't know
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS, create an alien, and save your household
What happens when the bug occurs? My alien`s appearance becomes their disguise and their actual appearance is randomized.
What do you expect to see? I expect my alien and their disguise to stay how I set them after I save my household.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This seems to be different from the usual alien disguise glitch.  It happens before I play with the family at all.  If I go back in to try and edit the family or place them in a lot, this glitch is present.  Maybe it matters that I`ve made this alien in a family I downloaded off the gallery?  It is also a hybrid that I created with genetics in CAS.

The only custom content I have are lighting mods so I don't think that's the culprit.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, adjusted title

Message 1 of 26 (1,542 Views)

Re: Different alien disguise glitch

Hero
@ar412942ggg19a hybrid of which occults ? Does it happen with other families ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (1,496 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry, when I say hybrid I just mean a half alien half human.

Message 3 of 26 (1,482 Views)

Hero
@ar412942ggg19a Is it just that SIm that it happens to or a general issue with all your aliens ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 26 (1,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've tested trying to make a few different alien sims and it happens to all of them.

Message 5 of 26 (1,459 Views)

Hero
@ar412942ggg19a I'm either unable to duplicate or don't fully understand the issue.

It this only happening with hybrids or with full aliens as well ?

Could you maybe add some pictures ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (1,428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has been happening with both, although just now trying to do it again to take pictures, my full-blooded alien had their disguise working just fine. :/  

I am now having another glitch where half aliens don't even have the option to make a disguise at all when I'm first making them in CAS.  But here is the glitch I made the thread for; this kid pictured is half alien.  When I load into the lot, he is wearing his alien appearance as a disguise, then when I have him take that off the disguise he has a random alien appearance underneath.

Message 7 of 26 (1,407 Views)

Hero
@ar412942ggg19a So the non-disguise doesn't actually match the one you gave the Sim in CAS ?

The way I understood your report was that the disguise becomes the alien outfit so that you end up with two alien outfits. I take it that's not the case ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 26 (1,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's that the alien's actual appearance that I made in CAS becomes their disguise, instead of the disguise I made in CAS. Then their actual appearance is something random I didn't make in CAS.

Message 9 of 26 (1,368 Views)

Hero
@ar412942ggg19a Like you have two alien-looking forms ? So the outfit on pic 5 is the one you set as normal outfit originally ?

Anyways, if that's the case, then can't duplicate. That's not happening for me but I only tested a full alien.

Still have hybrid on my test back log.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 26 (1,343 Views)