by MadameNordica

Original Post

[GTW] Alien Abductions get canceled/ don't work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get abducted by aliens
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims get prompted for the investigate weird light interaction, but no weird light appears and then the action cancels
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim be abducted. I prefer to see him get pregnant, but at the very least... an abduction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was either one of the December updates, or the installation of Snowy Escape

Since one of the December updates I have not been able to get abductions to work. There were two attempted abductions; in both my scientist was prompted to "investigate weird light" which canceled itself out. Before that, he was abducted often, even having an alien child through abduction. I moved the sim to a different home and now the aliens just come to his house when he contacts them. I don't use mods. I barely even use cheats.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted title

Message 1 of 3 (684 Views)

[GTW] Aductions fail

[ Edited ]
Hero

@SBCASIJudd Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

THank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (660 Views)

Re: [GTW] Alien Abductions get canceled/ don't work

★★★ Guide
@SBCASIJudd Are there any updates for this issue? I was in the middle of a 100 Alien Baby challenge, and this certainly puts a damper on it....
Message 3 of 3 (496 Views)